Lubambe Copper Mine Limited
Lubambe Copper Mine Limited (LCML) operates an underground copper mine located in Chililabombwe District in the Copperbelt Province of the Republic of Zambia. The company also has a mineral processing plant with a capacity to process up to 2.5 Mt per annum of copper ore and produces a high – grade copper concentrate.
LCML places the highest priority on safety with a world-class safety system in place and understands its obligations to carry out mining in a sustainable manner. Its Corporate Social Responsibility programme focuses on education, health and agriculture.
At Lubambe we are committed to managing our business in line with our values. As such, we acknowledge that our People are the most important asset to Lubambe and are the key to our success. Where consistent to our business needs, Lubambe is committed to provide employment opportunities, training and development for our People. We want our People to be successful.
EMR Capital, a specialist resource private equity firm, owns 80% of LCML, whilst ZCCM-IH owns 20% on behalf of the Zambian Government.
LCML seeks to employ an experienced and qualified individual in the following position:
SENIOR MINERAL RESOURCE GEOLOGIST (x1)
This position reports to the Geology Superintendent.
Core Purpose of the Position:
The successful candidate will be responsible for not only growing the team but also taking full accountability for the geological modelling, resource estimation, and contribution to reserve evaluations. All stope design wireframes are the responsibility of the Senior Mineral Resource Geologist who from time to time will supervise and propose drilling sites for infill drilling. To achieve this, the Senior Mineral Resource Geologist must have practical abilities in the following.
- 3D modelling software (Datamine, Leapfrog, Micromine and Surpac).
- Base Metal experience.
- Drilling programme experience.
- Database management.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Liaise with the Senior Geologist Production on all aspects of Diamond drilling at Lubambe Mine Site for regular wireframe updating.
- Planning of underground exploration drill holes to increase drill hole data in low confidence resource categories.
- Ensure QA – QC protocols, drill core property tests such as specific gravity (SG and ore mineralogy) are done.
- Oversee the management of Geological database.
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual updating of the Life of Mine mineral resource wireframe in Datamine and Leapfrog software.
- Updating of the HW and FW wireframe skins.
- Understanding deposit behaviour through Statistical and Geostatistical analysis.
- Provide a validated Raw and composited drill hole file coded by Ore Zone for updating mineral resources.
- Updating of wireframe showing geological confidence.
- Mineral Resource estimation for Life of Mine and Local Grade Control.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Mineral Science Degree (Geology) or equivalent.
- Competence Certificate in Mineral Resource estimation will be added advantage.
- Five (5) Years experience in a Similar Mineral Resource Estimation Role.
- Practical experience in use of application software such as Datamine, Leapfrog and/or Surpac.
- Ability to create wireframes or digital terrain models (dtms) by snapping to drillhole, Channel samples and mapping information.
- Experience in data statistical and Geostatistical analysis
- Must be compliant to JORC 2012 and/or NI43-101 guidelines and requirements.
- Member of a Geoscience professional body.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title of the role you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 26th November, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.