Lubambe Copper Mine Limited
Lubambe Copper Mine Limited (LCML) operates an underground copper mine located in Chililabombwe District in the Copperbelt Province of the Republic of Zambia. The company also has a mineral processing plant with a capacity to process up to 2.5 Mt per annum of copper ore and produces a high – grade copper concentrate.
LCML places the highest priority on safety with a world-class safety system in place and understands its obligations to carry out mining in a sustainable manner. Its Corporate Social Responsibility programme focuses on education, health and agriculture.
At Lubambe we are committed to managing our business in line with our values. As such, we acknowledge that our People are the most important asset to Lubambe and are the key to our success. Where consistent to our business needs, Lubambe is committed to provide employment opportunities, training and development for our People. We want our People to be successful.
EMR Capital, a specialist resource private equity firm, owns 80% of LCML, whilst ZCCM-IH owns 20% on behalf of the Zambian Government.
LCML seeks to employ an experienced and qualified individual in the following position:
SHIFT GEOLOGIST (x1)
This position reports to the Senior Grade Control Geologist.
Core Purpose of the Position:
The primary purpose of this role is to provide grade control functions.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- To ensure that all grade control technicians are conducting ore drive piloting, face sampling, stope monitoring, grab sampling and marking of assay contacts safely.
- Conduct routine PTOs, VFLs on all planned grade control tasks and ensure compliance to approved standard.
- Preparation of daily shift production and ore drive piloting report.
- Supervise ore drive piloting tasks in each shift.
- Supervise sampling of face drives in each shift.
- Liaise with production crews on the quality of grade from each stope.
- Supervise marking of assay contact for wireframe generation.
- Conduct detailed geological mapping.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mineral Science (Geology) or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of geological mapping.
- Physically fit and able to endure 12hr shifts (day/night).
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title of the role you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 1st November, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.