LUSAKA APEX MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
a privately owned University
JOB OPPORTUNITY: EXTERNAL
Issue Date: 10th March 2023
The LUSAKA APEX MEDICAL UNIVERSITY (LAMU) is a privately owned University, accredited by the Higher Education Authority under the Higher Education Amendment Act No. 23 of 2021 to provide Higher Education in Medical Education. LAMU is regulated by the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ), Nursing & Midwifery Council of Zambia (NMCZ), Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA). Lusaka Apex Medical University is therefore looking for a mature, proactive, and highly motivated and result oriented Zambian with high degree of credibility to fill the following position
To conduct tutorial and demonstrations in order to assist students achieve a better understanding of specific subject material and help them improve their academic capabilities in designated area of study.
MAIN DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Conducts group tutorials in order to afford students a more in depth study of subjects and receive appropriate guidance.
2. Works with the students to develop a tutorial plan that fits individual student’s needs.
3. Designs and implements exercises and activities to facilities students’ academic and skill improvement.
4. Carries out demonstration to students showing them how to operate and use equipment, materials in laboratories to ensure safe operations and conduct of experiments and exercises.
5. Assesses the students ‘progress throughout tutorial sessions and provide guidance to those lagging behind or experiencing difficulties with the course.
6. Maintains all records required to documents attendance and academic progress of students under tutelage.
7. Determines students’ needs for assistance in other areas such as counselling and refers as necessary.
8. Screens candidate qualifications to ensure that they meet stipulated entry qualifications to the faculty.
9. Collects students Laboratory Reports at end of practical sessions and under the guidance of lecturer, and marks assignments, keeping a record for continuous assessments that count towards the overall assessments for year.
Minimum Qualification and experience
- Bachelors of Science in Mathematics and Statistics, Bachelors of Art with Education.
- Grade 12 Twelve Certificate
- Teaching/research experience of not less than 1 year in a reputable institution.
- Competent in English communication both spoken and written.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Applications to be sent to:
Lusaka Apex Medical University
P O Box 31909
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: 13th March, 2023.
Only short-listed and successful candidates will be contacted.