LUSAKA APEX MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
The Lusaka Apex Medical University (LAMU) has the following job opportunity under the Directorate of Research, Statistics and Postgraduate Studies:
SENIOR LECTURER /HEAD OF DEPARTMENT-RESEARCH AND BIOSTATISTICS (1)
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
To coordinate general administration of research activities in the University and the development of the biomedical and clinical research strategy to address medical challenges and add to the body of knowledge in the country and beyond.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1) Provide overall administration of research activities in the University.
2) Participate in the teaching activities.
3) Lead in the preparation of the budget and work plans for the Directorate.
4) Stimulate, coordinate and monitor research activities and projects in the University.
5) Facilitate the preparation of the research agenda for LAMU.
6) Facilitate formulation and review of research policies and strategies
7) Preparation/review of work manuals and procedures and related documentation.
8) Lead in enforcing ethical standards of research activities and project proposals.
9) Collaborate with other Directorates/Departments and other research institutions and industry.
10) Lead in documentations and dissemination of research findings through journals, conferences, seminars, symposia etc.
11) Lead in the solicitingdissemination of funding opportunities and management of research funds/grants.
12) Lead in the preparation of research and/or statistical reports.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Must be an effective communicator, tactful, and fair to be able to maintain good working relations in the faculties and cultivate rapport with members of the public as well as the academia in general.
- High level of confidentiality and willingness to work long hours.
- Provides sound leadership and mentorship to subordinates all the time to ensure high standard of professionalism and integrity.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Proficient with MS packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, statistical packages and Power point).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post graduate degree (M.Med, MSc) in Clinical , Biomedical Sciences, Health Sciences and biostatistics.
- PhD shall be an added advantage.
- Experience in handling undergraduate and post graduate students.
- Experience in research development, teaching, training and grant proposal writing.
Applications which must include copies of academic and professional certificates must be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar -Human Resources and Administration
Lusaka Apex Medical University Limited
Off Kasama Road
P. O. BOX 31909
Closing date: 25th January, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org