LUSAKA BASED PRIVATE SCHOOL
a lusaka based Private School
A reputable Private School in Lusaka is looking for a conscientious, warm, reliable dedicated and experienced Geography & Mathematics Teacher to join our team. The ideal candidate should possess a thorough understanding of effective teaching practices. Our ideal candidate should be able to create a stimulating learning environment that is sensitive to students’ psychosocial needs.
Reporting directly to the Head Teacher – Secondary School. The Job holder will be based in Lusaka.
MAIN JOB TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning, Scheming and Presenting lessons to facilitate students’ understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Preparing and distributing learning material such as notes, homework, assignments, and quizzes.
- Ensuring that the classroom remains safe and conducive to learning.
- Grading and preparing Tests, Examinations and quizzes in a timely manner.
- Documenting and reporting on students’ progress.
- Attending meetings with parents and staff.
- Developing flexible, effective teaching tools and methods to help students learn mathematics
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in education or related field
- Expertise in the field of Geography & Mathematics/Additional Mathematics
- At least five (5) years’ teaching experience preferably in a private school
- Ability to communicate effectively with pupils and colleagues
- Flexibility and high adaptation skills to work successfully in an unpredictable school setting
- Organization and communication skills
- Registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Confidentiality, integrity and adherence to ethical standards.
- ICT proficiency is a must.
To apply for the role, email your Cover letter, Credentials and Resume (Indicating 3 traceable references) ONLY, in one document to [email protected]. The Closing date for sending applications is Monday, 12th February, 2024 at 17 hours.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com