Website Lusaka International Community School
Maximising the potential of future world citizens.
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
The school currently has an opening in the Arts Academy and is looking for a suitably qualified individual to join the LICS community in this role. The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All candidates considered for employment will therefore be subject to a satisfactory disclosure and barring service (DBS) and police clearance checks.
1. Job Purpose
- To be the central point of communication between parents, teachers, students regarding organisation of all Arts Academy Activities.
2. Qualifications and experience:
- Complete High School certificate at Grade 12
- Diploma in Business Administration or related studies
- At least three years’ experience in a fulltime administrative, team-adept position focussed on keeping abreast of clerical and organisational functions.
- Experience in school administration would be preferable.
3. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
3.1 Administrative duties
- Keeping abreast of customer payments as well as following up of payments due/outstanding
- POS sale and invoicing
- Liaison with LICS Accounts Department on payments and expenditure
- Maintaining and updating Arts Theatre bookings
- Email/telephone correspondence with teachers and parents
- Creating and issuing of fee notes for Arts Academy activities
- Up to date documentation and filing of Arts Academy instrument hire
3.2 Student Management
- Managing and timetabling teaching schedules for 15 music teachers termly.
- Keeping abreast of tracking make up lessons owed to students by liaising with peripatetic music teachers
- Taking register of teachers’ teaching schedules
3.3 Customer Service
- Developing and maintaining excellent relations with parents, students and teachers
- Providing and promoting accurate details of Arts Academy services and events on offer
- Responding to lesson enquiries via Arts Academy email address
3.4 Arts Academy Marketing
- Updating Arts Academy Facebook page weekly
- Promotion of special Arts Academy events through posters, notice boards and social media
- Competitive package