Website Lusaka International Community School
Maximising the potential of future world citizens.
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally-minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
LICS is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary, and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia, and is a member of CIS, AISA, and ISAZ.
The school currently has an opening in the Physical Education and Sports Department and is looking for a suitably qualified individual to join the LICS community as the Head of Sports and Physical Education with effect on 1st August 2023.
- At least five years of experience in a similar role
- Be an excellent teaching Physical Education and Sports practitioner
- Must have proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire
- Have the ability to inspire high levels of student performance
- Have experience in writing effective Schemes of Learning
- Have experience in using data to inform actions
- Have experience in using self-evaluation to drive improvement
- Have experience in supporting colleagues at various professional stages
- Have the ability to think creatively to solve problems, and pioneer new approaches in their role
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a sense of humor and good interpersonal skills
- Have high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Have a high sense of confidentiality
- Be ambitious and keen on self-improvement
- Be a committed, highly competent, reflective, and resilient individual
3. Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree in teaching Physical Education/ Sports
- A Master’s degree would be preferable
- Registered TCZ and or QTS
- Additional qualifications are relevant to the role.
4. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Planning and Setting Expectations
- Teaching and Managing Pupil Learning
- Pastoral Responsibilities
6. Application Process
Please visit our website (www.lics.sch.zm/career-opportunities), fill in the online application form, and upload a detailed CV with a cover letter along with three referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor by 30.11.2022, Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to full security vetting.