Website Lusaka International Community School
Maximising the potential of future world citizens.
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally-minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
LICS is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary, and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia, and is a member of CIS, AISA, and ISAZ.
The school currently has an opening and is looking for a suitably qualified individual to join the LICS community as a Primary School Art Teaching Assistant with effect on 1st August 2023.
- Diploma or Degree in Education (preferably with Art specialism)
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, basic Art history, and technique knowledge
- Work experience in a primary school setting assisting teachers working with children of 6-12 years
- Prior work experience in a fast-paced creative environment
- Creative, lifelong learner, problem solver, team player, calm, respectful, resourceful, knowledgeable, kind, quick to effectively assist, child-orientated, resilient
3. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
3.1 Administrative Duties
- Keeping the Art Storeroom effectively organised and informing Art Teacher of low/deteriorating stock
- Keeping resources in good condition, e.g., paintbrushes, easels, etc.
- Using iPads with students to enhance Art learning.
- Familiarsing self with art apps for use with students
- Learning how to carefully operate and look after audio-visual hardware such as projector and screen.
- Preparing displays as requested by Art Teacher and taking the initiative to repair/update displays regularly in the Art Room and around the school.
- Support Art Teacher in Art lessons from Years 1-6
- Assist with/lead after-school Art clubs.
- Assist the Art Teacher with various displays/decorations for special occasions, e.g., decorating the stage, or wider school, for events.
- Keeping up to date throughout the school day via MS Teams and other channels, as required
- Taking photos of Art activities and sharing them with Marketing Team
- Liaising with Art Teacher, Principal, Vice-Principal, Class Teachers, Specialists, and Operations as required
- Playing an active role in a vibrant and efficient Art team, including with Secondary School Art staff
4. Application Process
Please visit our website (www.lics.sch.zm/career-opportunities), fill in the online application form, and upload a detailed CV with a cover letter along with three referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor by 16.06.2023, Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting our children’s and young people’s welfare and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to full security vetting.