Website Lusaka International Community School
Maximising the potential of future world citizens.
Are you an inspirational educational leader eager to take a growing and vibrant Primary School through its next exciting phase as you help shape and lead its strategic direction?
As part of a strong Executive Team in a supportive and dynamic international school environment, you will lead our current 231 strong Primary School towards its capacity of around 300 students.
Lusaka International Community School will appoint for August 2021, with a 3-year commitment and a possibility of renewing for a further 3 years, an exceptional Primary School Principal to significantly develop and advance the programmes and standing of our school.
The successful candidate will be a committed, engaging and innovative educational leader, strongly identifying with and articulating the school’s mission and objectives. The ideal candidate will lead by example and be a respected school ambassador with a strong commitment to the strategic planning and operational management of the whole school as part of the Executive Leadership Team.
Founded in 1993, LICS is a dynamic international teaching and learning environment; a CIE (Cambridge Assessment International Education) school providing for Checkpoint, IGCSE, AS and AL assessments. LICS, a CIS fully accredited school and committed to achieving re-accreditation in the next 3 months, is situated in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, the capital of beautiful Zambia.
1. Job Purpose
Lead, develop and manage the Primary School of LICS in an inspired, motivated and dynamic way. To strive for optimal academic performance from each learner by maintaining teaching standards and quality in staff in a caring and supportive environment. To support the Community Service efforts and enable the sports and extra curricula programme to function effectively within the school day. To lead the pastoral care team and have an overall knowledge of the needs of all learners
2. Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors degree and PGCSE at Primary level
- MA in education preferable
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as Primary Principal in an international school
- Proven leadership skills in managing a school in all academic, HR and financial aspects
- Proven skills, experience in driving the development of a Primary school based on the latest international developments and the strategic development of the school.
- Senior Leadership skills (motivator, discipline)
- Excellent communication skills within diverse cultural teaching staff, with learners and parents/business partners
- Proven skills/record in management of a Primary school (min. 3 years) in an international school
- Proven experience in pastoral care and management of disciplinary issues
- IT literacy, good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint within the Microsoft 365 package
The position attracts a competitive salary (paid in USD) inclusive of a full overseas benefits package: flight allowance, settling-in allowance, accommodation and utilities, freight allowance, comprehensive health coverage, end of contract gratuity payment and tuition for children at the school. Generous Professional Development support is also provided.
5 Application Process
Please visit our website( www.lics.sch.zm/career-opportunities ) and fill in the online application form and upload a detailed CV with a covering letter along with three referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor by 08.01.2021, Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to full security vetting.