Website Lusaka International Community School
Maximising the potential of future world citizens.
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally-minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
LICS is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary, and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia, and is a member of CIS, AISA, and ISAZ.
The school currently has an opening and is looking for a suitably qualified individual to join the LICS community as a Primary School Information Technology Associate Teacher with effect on 1st August 2023.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, Google apps, iPads, and coding
- Preferably experience in robotics
- Minimum of 1 year’s work experience in a primary school setting
- Coding, robotics, Google, MS Office/Teams, Seesaw
- Lifelong learner, problem solver, team player, calm, respectful, resourceful, knowledgeable, kind, quick to effectively assist, child-orientated, growth mindset
- Diploma or Degree in Education (preferably with IT specialism)
4. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
4.1 General Administrative
- Keeping shared iPads at optimal charge throughout the day/week
- Updating and ensuring the iPad booking system runs smoothly
- Ensuring trips have shared iPads booked
- Assisting IT Teacher with updates/IT lab requirements/administration
- Assisting IT Teacher in IT lessons with children in the IT Lab
- Assisting IT Teacher, in PS staff IT training
- As required, assisting Class Teachers in classrooms with IT matters
- Assisting children in IT lessons and using tech in classrooms
- Assisting IT Teacher, in Maker Space sessions
- Ensuring Maker Space is kept neat and tidy and well resourced
- Keeping up to date throughout the school day via MS Teams and other channels, as required
- Taking photos of IT activities and sharing them with Marketing Team
- Liaising with IT Teacher, Principal, Vice-Principal, Class Teachers, Specialists, and Operations as required
- Playing an active role in a vibrant and efficient IT team
6. Application Process
Please visit our website (www.lics.sch.zm/career-opportunities), fill in the online application form, and upload a detailed CV with a cover letter along with three referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor by 16.06.2023, Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting our children’s and young people’s welfare and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to full security vetting.