Website Lusaka South Multi Facility Economic Zone Limited
Zambia's number one investment address
Job Title: Head-Technical Services
Grade: LS-MFEZ 2
Institution: Lusaka South Multi Economic Facility Zone
Department : Technical Services
Job Purpose: To manage the development of LSMFEZ, provide policy direction in development of LSMFEZ, ensure adequate service infrastructure. Preside over the development of the LS MFEZ, contract management, infrastructure design, development, maintenance, and acquisitions in line with the Strategic Plan and other long-term plans including the procurement plan for infrastructure. To advise Management and the Board on priority infrastructure to service the LS MFEZ and provide leadership and mentorship to all technical staff.
KEY RESULT AREA
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (MAIN DUTIES)
- To establish standards, plans, schedules, and procedures for expanding infrastructure, operating and maintenance of the LS MFEZ utilities
- Design roads infrastructure based on load and traffic with a futuristic view
- Systematically liaise and plan for utilities with Head-Planning and Compliance
- Design and plan for utilities strategically in line with trends and the development of the LS MFEZ
- Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of water, wastewater, electricity, land fills and other utilities to ensure priority expenditure and management
- Appraise adequacy of facilities and develop plans and priorities for modification.
- Develop annually a technical master plan (TMP)
INFRASTRUCTURE MAINTENANCE AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Conduct periodic review for existing capital infrastructure to ensure efficiency of operation and guaranteed service.
- Manage and ensure minimum disruption of service to the investors at the LS MFEZ
- Create and supervise workshop activities and staff
- Schedule maintenance works and routine inspections of infrastructure to ensure service provision
- Regularly conduct asset mapping to ensure the asset register is up to date
- Maintain an updated LS MFEZ asset mapping and take stock of repairs and replacements
- Ensure all engineering contracts are managed efficient
- Supervise the development of TORs for all infrastructure projects to ensure sufficient scope is covered
- Value for money implementation
- Supervise all consultancy works in relation to utility infrastructure development
STAFF MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENTS
- Creating an environment where innovation and achievement are emphasized and rewarded.
- Identifying, analyzing and addressing opportunities and threats facing the Directorate and LS MFEZ
- Ensuring appropriate levels of staff training and development.
- Delegating responsibility and authority to staff as appropriate, and mentoring
- Ensuring the welfare and motivation of staff as circumstances require and more particularly through approved performance measurement procedures.
- Monitoring the performance and adherence to standards by contractors and business units.
- Ensuring a high level of awareness amongst staff regarding LS MFEZ policies, procedures and projects
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
- Establishing and maintaining a comprehensive safety program within the LS MFEZ.
- Regular safety training in consultation with the Risk Management Officer.
- Regular audits of work procedures and equipment.
- Provision of appropriate equipment and conditions for the work to be performed.
- Actively leading and managing the emergency response responsibilities.
- Acting as LS MFEZ Emergency Resource Officer
- Ensuring effective integration of planning and operations of LS MFEZ emergency response function and delivering emergency activities
- Reporting to the LS MFEZ Limited Board of Directors on all capital activities relating to infrastructure development, expenditure, and capacity to service the LS MFEZ investors.
- Periodic reporting to the MD on strategic activity progress.
- Establish standards, plans, schedules and procedures for expanding infrastructure, operating and maintaining LS MFEZ utility infrastructure
- Contributing to the process of forward planning through the development and achievement of planning goals and objectives determined by the LS MFEZ Board
- Developing departmental strategies for the cost effective and timely implementation of LS MFEZ policies.
- Assess need for consultancy and develop TORs for various consultancies and advise the Managing Director appropriately
- Supervise consultancy works, evaluate consultants’ recommendations and advising the Managing Director accordingly
- Lead and monitor delivery of public utility infrastructure at the LS MFEZ
- Devise ways to ensure infrastructure is developed in a cost-effective manner using low-cost technologies
- Innovate systems and processes that will ensure new service and product development
- Develop annual budgets and capital improvement needs in support of the Strategic Plan
- Monitor departmental budget execution in line with provisions
- Ensure value for money project procurements
- Coordinate and preside all billing for municipal services
- Regularly compare actual and budgeted financial performance
(a) Reports to: Managing Director
(b) Number and level of immediate subordinates: 1-Technical Services Manager
(a) Safety and Health of others: Entire Company
(b) Responsibility for Company resources: All resources under job holder’s charge
(c) Level of authority and Decision Making: Strategic Level
(d) Confidentiality of Information: Priority
Consequence of Error: Negligence or incompetence will lead to poor development of the LS-MFEZ.
(a) Degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical
(b) MBA/MSC and added advantage
(c) 10 years practical experience
(d) Experience with power and water distribution, roads construction an advantage
(e) Excellent computer skills
(f) Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
(g) Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
(h) Valid Driver’s license.
Candidates who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply by submitting their application together with an updated Curriculum Vitae, copy of National Registration Card and certified copies of academic and professional certificates as a single document to [email protected] not later than 08th February 2024.
Lusaka South Multi Facility Economic Zone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without discrimination on basis of colour, tribe, race, religion, belief, gender, disability, marital status and ethnicity.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Board Chairperson
Lusaka South Multi Facility Economic Zone
Plot F10723, Chifwema Road