Website Mabiza Resources Limited
Only The Best is Good Enough For Munali Nickel Mine
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Reporting: Finance & Administration Manager
Job Purpose: To ensure that Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure is safeguarded through the installation of firewalls and other protective measures.
- Complying with health, safety, security, and housekeeping standards in the work environment
- Ensure that all Server systems are backed up on cloud.
- Ensuring adequate network bandwidth for Mine Operations is supplied by Liquid and adequately monitored on site
- Maintain user accounts and resolve issues affecting the users
- Perform regular systems backups to the company server systems
- Monitor network performance tools and investigate any instances of packet loss or unusual latency.
- Review device configuration.
- Manage exchange mail sever administration
- Maximise network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems, and outages; scheduling upgrades.
- Design network diagrams and Infrastructure plans for optimal network performance.
- Provide technical support for Box.
- Monitor network performance and internet usage by employees
- Applying organization code of conduct on ICT usage protocols in the work environment.
- Conduct basic system user training to the employees.
- Collaborate with Finance team in the evaluation of IT products and services by suppliers.
- Collaborate with contractors during network infrastructure installation
- Suggestion of cost-effective IT initiatives and computer networking tools.
- Fostering and maintaining cordial relations with IT suppliers
- Ensuring the company is using fully licenced computer software packages.
- Ensuring the company’s ICTs and other related technologies comply with ZICTA guidelines.
Skills & Qualifications: –
- Grade 12 School certificate
- Degree in ICTs or computer Science
- Member of the computer Society of Zambia
- At least 5 years of experience in a function/ specialist area
- Understanding of law and government regulations relating to IT
- Computer skills relating to troubleshooting and resolving server-related issues
- Administration and management skills
- Technical troubleshooting/ fault finding
- Good at interpersonal skills when interacting with computer users
- Able to make quick logical decisions
- Log all IT issues and requests to a centralized system
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 17th November 2023