Mabiza Resources Limited operates the Munali Nickel Mine, which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly-owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of experienced and qualified individuals to take up the position of:
Role: Accounts Payables Officer (X2)
Reporting: Accounts Payables Supervisor
Job Purpose: To reconcile suppliers’ accounts to the statements and adjust so that there are no errors in the suppliers’ ledger.
Main Responsibilities: –
- Processing of all invoices in the system and ensuring three-way matching is achieved.
- To administer the company’s payables accounts
- Address disputes and payment failure issues.
- Verifying supplier accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions in the system.
- Maintain recurring payments to ensure proper payment with regards to both amounts paid and amount due by established contract terms.
- Provide documentation and tracking of audit requests.
- Compilation of creditors’ accruals to make sure that costs are accounted for into the right month of activity.
- Making follow-ups to Supplier on invoices being claimed but have not been received, and invoices received but not being claimed on Supplier statements.
- To advise suppliers on Zambian tax Invoices requirement of being submitted in the month they are raised.
- Making corrections in supplier accounts to make sure that only valid transactions are captured into the ledger.
- Sending all proof of payments (POP) and remittance advice to Suppliers as soon as payments are made.
- Obtain invoices from Suppliers on advance payments made.
- Monitoring and keeping track of all supplier invoices and making sure that all paid invoices together with all supporting documents are filed in an orderly manner for easy access by anyone in the finance department.
- Analysing all foreign service invoices for submission to the respective tax agents of reverse Vat
- To attend to ZRA, External, and Internal Audit queries.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Diploma in Accounting or Part Qualified ACCA, CIMA or CA
- Membership with Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- At least 3 years’ experience in a related role.
- Computers and ERP skills.
- Applying basic business accounting practices.
- Gathering, recording, and interpreting business-related information.
- Presenting information in report format.
- Generating information and reports for internal and external use.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to make quick and logical decisions.
- Attention to detail and an eye for a high level of accuracy.
- Time and stress management skills.
- Keeping confidential information.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail, or post your CV with a full application letter and credentials. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to [email protected]
Closing Date: 18th January 2021