Website Mabiza Resources Limited
Only The Best is Good Enough For Munali Nickel Mine
Mabiza Resources Limited operates the Munali Nickel Mine, which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly-owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: Chief Surveyor
Reporting: Mine Technical Manager
Job Purpose: To accurately facilitate the execution of all survey related works at the mine and maintain a single reference database of survey controls.
To review all survey works undertaken by subordinates on a periodical basis and validate any instructions before issuance to stakeholders for execution.
2. Responsibilities: –
- Ensuring the before works being undertaken, relevant Hazard Identifications and Risk Assessment (HIRA) are done
- Ensuring that all surveying is done in a safe environment whereby all employees and equipment remain safe at all times
- Preparation of all material and manpower plans for surveyors
- All the validation of all survey work and measurements at the mine
- Ensuring survey data is compiled into correct formats and positioning systems to the required reference points and level of accuracy
- Conducting spot checks and regular audits to ensure data accuracy before validation
- Performing engineering and construction surveys as and when required
- Ensuring the preparation of correct monthly reconciliation of all ore, waste, and stockpile movements
- Providing direction to Subordinates and ensuring understanding of statutory regulations and site rules
- Ensuring full compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the development and adherence to procedures
- All survey data issued out as instructions to stakeholders
3. Skills & Qualifications: –
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- 7 years’ relevant Mine surveying experience
- 3 years’ management experience
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Mine Surveying
- Mine Surveyor’s Certificate of Competency (MSCC)
- Sound knowledge of engineering and technology, design, geography, and mathematics
- Understanding of Law and Government regulations.
- Computers and electronics skills
- Administration and management skills
- Technical acumen in survey equipment, system, and software
- Technical troubleshooting/ fault finding
- Time management.
- Able to make quick logical decisions
- Ability to draw up strategic plans
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail, or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to
HR Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Closing Date: 20th January 2021