Mabiza Resources Limited operates the Munali Nickel Mine, which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80km south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is wholly-owned by Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: Dams Supervisor
Reporting: Senior Process Engineer- Production
Job Purpose: Ensure continuity in process plant strategies relating to Process water and Tailings Dams.
- Coordinate activities between process plant, engineering, and mining regarding process water ponds and site run-off.
- Coordinating activities at dams for rainfall preparedness
- Identify dam operational bottlenecks and find solutions.
- Provide technical advice to Dams operators to ensure conformity to standards
- Review existing and generate new SOP’s for Dams operations
- Plan shutdown jobs to enhance production
- Improved water recovery from decanting to ponds for plant utilization.
- Monitor and control the deposition of tailings at the dam
- Monitor and control the recovery of water from the dam
- Monitor and control the use of hired equipment at the dam
Skills & Qualifications: –
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Diploma in Metallurgy
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Working knowledge of crushing, milling, and flotation plants.
- Four (5) years’ experience in a mineral processing environment.
- Knowledge of OH&S and Environmental legislation and experience in risk management and loss control.
- Proven leadership skills.
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail, or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to [email protected]
Closing Date: 5th January 2021