Website Mabiza Resources Limited
Only The Best is Good Enough For Munali Nickel Mine
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 75 km south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: Condition Monitoring Technician
Reporting: Engineering Planner
Job Purpose:To provide procurement support in the acquisition of goods and services and ensure that contracts for essential services and goods are in place to aid the company to attain optimal cooperation between cost, quality, safety, and deadlines.
- Adherence to safety requirements in the work area and being aware of all workplace rules and critical procedures applied at Munali Nickel Mine.
- Ensuring that all Mining and Plant machinery and associated facilities are in line with the requirements of the company to meet all OHSE objectives.
- Ensuring all procedures, processes and systems in use when undertaking Condition Monitoring are in line with company policy direction;
- To liaise daily with Planner and discuss the work to be done, both for the day and into the immediate future. To accept work orders and verbal instructions of tasks to be done including those scheduled as well as of urgent/corrective nature.
- Ensure 90 % Compliance to First level Inspections of all critical Units as regards Vibrations, Temperature, Pressures, flows, leakages, looseness etc are picked and ensure Urgent ones are closed immediately and others escalated and planned for closure by raising dockets/Work/ defect Requests in Pronto ERP.
- Collects operating data on a routine basis for all rotating equipment using hand held instrumentations as well as the permanent instrumentations mounted on these equipment’s and available at central control panels.
- Conduct basic analysis at steady and transient state, using a different kind of data collectors.
- Carry out field balancing and Alignment of small rotating machines and work with Vendors on Bigger Units but ensure records/reports are well kept for trending purposes and History
- Carry out thermography survey as and when required.
- Highlights any change in equipment performance and efficiency levels. Monitors trends of such data and initiate action(s) when limits are reached by informing the Planner.
- Collect and Feed all vibration readings into the computer either manually or via suitable computer interfaces for accurate trends analysis and better diagnosis. Suggests short-term corrective actions based on the equipment performance and mechanical behavior.
- Collect pre-overhaul vibration and operation data and undertake post overhaul vibration analysis to ensure that readings are within acceptable limits.
- Generate Daily Condition monitoring report.
- Coordinate Oil Analysis tasks on all Critical Gear Boxes and other Electrical.
- Undertake Wear measurements on Chute and Mill liners
- Coordinate/Undertake Thickness Surveys on all Air Receiver, Critical Pipes, Tanks, Thickeners, other critical Vessels and track statutory Compliance
Skills & Qualifications: –
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Mechanical Crafts Certificate
- Specialized short courses on rotating equipment maintenance, condition monitoring and vibration analysis and Thermography.
- Five (5) years experience of working in Mining/Heavy industry with experience in rotating equipment maintenance and condition monitoring.
- Hands-on experience in condition monitoring, data collection, vibration analysis with the help of portable analyzers as well as online monitoring systems.
- Machinery operating data collection, historical trend analysis and vibration analysis and thermography.
- Should be familiar with field balancing of rotating machines.
- Should have good reports writing skills and experience.
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 22nd March 2023