Website Mabiza Resources Limited
Only The Best is Good Enough For Munali Nickel Mine
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 75 km south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: IT TECHNICIAN
Reporting: IT OFFICER
Job Purpose: Provide Technical assistance to the IT Department at Mabiza Resources Limited.
- Provide first line technical support to IT End Users at Mabiza Resources Limited.
- Document all IT Helpdesk tickets in the IT Helpdesk Tracker.
- Assist users in the setup, configuration and rollout of Software.
- Carry out system troubleshooting tasks and ensure that permanent fixes are implemented to avoid future occurrences of same problem.
- Ensure that systems incidents are resolved quickly to avoid disruptions in business.
- Enforce adherence to IT Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at Mabiza Resources Limited.
- Strengthen existing information systems to enhance efficiency, coordination and complete integration between various Information Technology Systems at Mabiza Resources Limited.
- Ensure that system amendments are tested before installation and results confirmed by the users of the system.
- Ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions
- Ensure that the IT end-user hardware and systems are functioning properly.
- Perform the routine maintenance of IT End User equipment.
- Perform the repair of all faulty IT End User equipment and accessories.
- Undertake installations, configuration and protection of IT End user systems.
- Conduct routine maintenance on the network’s equipment.
Skills & Qualifications:
Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or General Certificate of Education.
Minimum of a Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
Professional Certifications: CCNA – CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK ASSOCIATE.
At least two years’ experience in the Information and Communication Technology profession.
High level of integrity and very good analytical skills
Desktop computing skillsProficient in preparation and integration of new and upgraded technology.
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to
Head of Human Resources
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 4th September 2023