Website Mabiza Resources Limited
Only The Best is Good Enough For Munali Nickel Mine
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is in the Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of: –
1. Role: SHIFT BOSS – Development and Stopping
Reporting: Mine Captain – Production
Job Purpose: Ensure quality work is delivered and meet planned production targets and enforce company rules, standards, procedures, and policies.
- Enforce compliance to all mining plans, layouts, and schedules.
- Ensure all tools and equipment in use are fit for purpose.
- Developing and mining the stopes according to the survey measurements and mining them as designed in the long-term mine plans.
- Ensuring that the overlying ground in the stopes is naturally supported by permanent pillars left in the ore body as the ore is extracted between them.
- Ensure that the mining crew understands daily, weekly, and monthly planning targets and that every crew member understands his duties and responsibilities.
- Manage the movement of ore at the correct head grade to the ROM pad.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma or Degree in Mining
- Minimum of 2years work experience in a reputable mine.
- Must have “Rock Breaker – RBs Certificate (Trained)”
- Able to take the role of Mine Captain or Underground Manager
- Holder of a valid Blasting License & First Aid Certificate
- Exposure to sub-level open stope and backfill mining operations is a must.
- Computer literate
- People Management
- Analytical skills
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
Head of Human Resources
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 15th September 2023