Website Mabiza Resources Limited
Only The Best is Good Enough For Munali Nickel Mine
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is in the Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: UG REMOTE LHD Operators (X 2)
Reporting: Shift Boss
- Plan and execute mine cycle works of drilling, support, blasting, loading, and hauling to ensure development and production targets are attained.
- Ensures work quality is of high standard to ascertain the safety and well-being of all personnel and assets.
- Ensuring work is done to the given specifications and to the adopted standards.
- Employ SOPs to make long hole drilling works comply to standards.
- Ensure work area check list and inspections are conducted.
- Able to Operate U/G Remote Loader
- Always be readily available to get instructions for work areas.
- Carrying out drill related work safely.
- Determine correct turning angles to avoid damage to the unit on transportation.
- Turning the machine for scheduled PMs and servicing.
- Ensuring communication with the line-up supervisor for materials, machines, and equipment needs.
- Feedback for proper completion of works before demobilizing.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a grade 12 school certificate.
- Professional experience in operating the LHD Drill Rig.
- Experience in working in an underground environment with the LHD Drill Rig.
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in operating the LHD Drill Rig for production and related works.
- Holder of the Zambian Mine Blasting License for all operations.
- Hazard identification and control measures.
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
The Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 26th January 2023