Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is in the Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: Assistant Process Manager
Reporting: Process Plant Manager
The main purpose of this role is as indicated below
- The role is responsible for the operations of the processing plant.
- The role is responsible for process operations with a focus on optimising the process, implementation of all operating procedures and training of the production team.
- Meeting high Safety and Environmental Standards.
- Sound Knowledge of Hazard Identifications, Planned Task Observations, Inspections and Visible Felt Leadership basic principles
- Promote safety awareness of employees and contractors
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and obligations
- Managing each of the individual process areas (i.e., Crushing, DMS, Grinding, Flotation, Dewatering, Concentrate Handling) to achieve required production levels, quality, and efficiencies.
- Managing of operational personnel including the planning, scheduling, and sourcing of skills.
- Daily monitoring of the process and managing strategies to minimise variations within the concentrator
- Develop and Implement Standard Operating Procedures for all process activities.
- Ensure Metallurgical accounting principles and practices are strictly adhered to achieve industry acceptable accountability of metal and mass balances.
- Identifying opportunities to realize continuous improvement and adopt new technologies to enhance plant recovery.
- Operational capital budgeting and project planning.
- Development and mentoring of Metallurgical operations staff towards industry best practices.
- Sound Interpersonal skills in managing multi-facet disciplines, process, mining, and maintenance teams.
- Lead production and maintenance planning and scheduling in liaison with Engineering Teams to optimise resources and meet business targets.
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry Degree
- More than 7 years’ Experience in a sulphide concentrator preferable Nickel Flotation and Dense Media Separation Plant and at least two (02) years’ experience in Middle Management Position.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Detailed knowledge of Communition circuits, Flotation and Metallurgical Accounting.
- Knowledge of OH&S and Environmental legislation and extensive experience risk management and loss control.
- In-depth knowledge of assay/metallurgical laboratory operations and concentrate dispatch.
- A high level of computer literacy in the use of MS Office Suite.
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to
The Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 6th June 2022