Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Reporting: Foreman Facilities and Services
- Ensuring implementation of safety and health policies and practices in line with company requirements and in compliance with legislation.
- Ensuring that all bricklaying works are in line with the requirements of the company to meet all OHSE objectives
- Ensuring all procedures, processes, and systems in use in undertaking carpentry works are in line with company policy direction.
- Ensuring that all building tools and equipment are well secured, in good order and available for use.
- Ensure that clarification is done before a task is carried out.
- Ensure maintenance of buildings are done promptly
- Ensuring that sufficient planning is undertaken for all lined up tasks.
- Ensuring that all fixed facilities are looked after, service, maintenance and repairs are executed to the highest acceptable standards
- Maintain Workplace/Workshop at the highest acceptable standard.
- Ensuring that all building tools and equipment are well secured in correct places.
- Identification of continuous improvement projects.
- Maintaining of structures to a habitable level.
- Lead and guide others to ensure adequate job is executed according to Standard Job Procedures.
- Apply various competencies to accomplish tasks
- Completion of checklists and work orders with accurate details of findings.
- Ensure proper handovers of equipment to operations and facilities custodians, are done upon completion of task.
Skills & Qualifications: –
- Grade 12 certificate
- Craft certificate in Brick layering and plastering or must have completed an apprenticeship in Bricklaying and joinery or have equivalent experience in the field.
- Experience of 2 years in a construction company or mining industry
- Member of EIZ
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 10th June 2022