Mabiza Resources Limited
Only The Best is Good Enough For Munali Nickel Mine
- Responsible for the Mabiza Resources Limited financial reporting, trial balances, general ledger reconciliations.
- Responsible for the coordination of outsourced services relevant to the department.
- Ensuring proper accounting for historical Accounts Payable.
- Ensure accurate recording and reporting of statutory obligations
Finance Department Performance
- Ensure adherence to applications for expenditure, monitoring capital and operational performance.
- Ensure proper accounting for historical Accounts Payables.
- Coordination of work between parent company, local company and the internal/external consultants.
- Ensure accurate recording and reporting of taxes.
- Ensure business transactions are reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Work closely with team members to assist with the month-end close
- Research and analyze expense variances for company management
- Monitoring roll out of cash flow for review by Admin Manager
- Ensure statutory obligations are paid on time.
Financial, Cost & Asset Management
- Coordinate all monthly/quarterly and annual financial and management reports.
- Ensuring accuracy of information maintained in Acumatica.
- Ensuring the company’s assets are included in the insurance policy.
- Ensure ore & concentrate stock valuation is accurately accounted for.
- Set up internal controls around accounting processes.
- Works directly with internal and external auditors during audits.
- Reporting any defective or damaged personal protective clothing, equipment, or gear, and returning the item to the Supervisor for replacement or repair.
- Complying with instructions given pertaining to the use of personal protective clothing, equipment or gear or any matter in relation to health and safety
- Not interfering with anything that has been provided in the interest of health and safety in the workplace.
- Not engaging in any duties that require a certificate or written authorisation unless the relevant certificate or permit is held.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree in Accounting and/or Professional Qualification such as ACCA / CIMA/CA
- Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Significant experience (5 years) post graduate experience with preferably 3 years in mining in a similar commercial / accounting role.
- Knowledge of ERP system and Microsoft office suite application.
- Competent in incident/accident investigation.
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team safely and improve team safety awareness.
- High level understanding of all relevant legislation affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining industry in Zambia.
- Experience in managing costs and budgeting.
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas.
MRL offers equal employment opportunity. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
The Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 6th October 2020