Macha Mission Hospital
Macha Mission Hospital is part of the total program for Brethren in Christ Church (BICC) in Zambia. The Hospital was built in 1957 and is located in Choma District of Southern Province and is one of the Two Level Hospitals in Choma District.
The hospital operates under a signed grant aided memorandum of understanding with the Zambian Government via Ministry of Health (MOH). With its mission “ministering to the needs of the whole person, both body and Spirit” has continued to participate in fulfilling the vision of the MOH of providing equity of access to good quality, cost effective health care services as close to the family as possible.
Macha Mission Hospital in conjunction with Christian Blind Missions (CBM) is inviting applications from suitable qualified individuals for the position of:
Position: Programs Manager
Reporting To: Senior Hospital Administrator; Clinical Manager Eye Clinic
Location: Macha Mission Hospital, Choma, Southern Province
Effective Date: January, 2021
Duration: 1 year contract renewable
Position Summary: The program manager will contribute to the successful delivery of the Macha Mission Hospital eye unit plan by establishing strong capacity in project design, proposal development, effective project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and learning with CBM and other organizations.
- Provide programmatic leadership in the development and implementation of the eye health plans, aligned with CBM
- Put in place an effective M&E framework to regularly measure progress on implementing the Planned activities
- Drawing and sharing lessons learned and applying adaptive management.
- Support the eye unit and the hospital in analyzing external trends, challenges and opportunities relevant to MMH’s disability inclusion focus and/or requiring a programmatic response, including disaster vulnerability, and share with internal stakeholders
- Support colleagues in documenting good practice cases and promote knowledge sharing in the hospital and surrounding areas
- Ensure project data are managed in line with data protection rules, and that updated programme records are kept.
- Guide and coordinate joint project and/or multi-year planning processes with CBM, partners and other collaborations
- Ensuring the quality and sustainability of eye health project results in line with MOH standards
- Ensure high quality of project and programme plans with effective delivery and fulfilment of objectives and utilization of budgets
- Ensure project players are fully informed of donor requirements and are capable of meeting them.
- Promote the inclusion of monitoring, evaluation and learning components in project plans; plan and conduct mid and end-term project evaluations and support the dissemination of learning.
- Collate quarterly narrative and financial reports, and ensure they are submitted to CBM periodically
- Support the Finance Manager/Accountant in ensuring that colleagues understand and respect CBM’s financial framework for the project
- A relevant diploma or university degree in Social or Health Sciences
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in NGO or Clinical environment
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage a variety of activities concurrently
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in high profile, liaison with MOH and other government agencies
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively and persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects effectively, think analytically and take initiative in solving problems
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
MMH and CBM are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, disability, sex, national origin or political affiliation. Interested and Qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV to the Human Resource Officer, email: [email protected] copying in CBM Programs Manager Email:¬[email protected] before the closing date of 20th November, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to Paul.Kasoka@cbm.org