Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia
Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia requires the services of Machine Specialist reporting to the Maintenance Controller. The Machine Specialist will be required to ensure that plant availability and product quality at minimum cost; without sacrificing standards. The role also entails providing specialized machine skill and knowledge to the shift team, and to support the operations, maintenance and problem solving activities of the shift teams.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide specialist support to the shift based teams during operations.
- Provide guidance and advice to the shift based on machine operation, machine fault finding and correct responses to machine failure modes
- Provide coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer of machine operation to shift based teams
- Developments of work instructions related to equipment.
- Monitor and manage performance of equipment
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
- Assist fellow team members in the execution of tasks during planned maintenance schedule issued by the planner.
- Take part in routine maintenance as scheduled by the maintenance planner
- Carry out condition monitoring activities where these have been allocated to the technician in accordance with the CM schedule.
- Carry out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action
- Apply the correct problem solving methodologies to resolve problems
- Operate in a safe manner at all times, and to identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhering to appropriate CCBA policies and procedures
Skills, Experience & Education
- Grade 12, O level with 5 credits or better Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution 5 years’ work experience in an FMCG environment
- Manufacturing Experience in Injection Molding is an added advantage Technical skill & competence Computer Literate Team player Self-starter