Website Madison General Insurance Company Zambia Limited
It's Worth it
Madison General Insurance Company Zambia Limited (MGen) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Database Administrator to be based at Head Office in Lusaka. The job holder will be reporting to the ICT Manager.
Permanent and Pensionable
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, QUALITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of API usage
- Knowledge in general insurance and banking domain is preferred
- Conversant in applying application patches and fixes
- Writing and executing SQL queries in Oracle, MS SQL and MySQL databases
- Strong Database management skills
- Programming experience on various programming languages
- Understanding of ICT networks and infrastructures
- Excellent documentation abilities
- Extensive troubleshooting experience and project implementation/management
- Proactive attitude, keen to make a difference, attention to detail
- Ability to quickly adopt to the new environment and understand the systems
- Ability to work in a team as a strong team player
- Strong operational discipline and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and user relationship, customer service focus.
- Should be able to meet deadlines, be flexible and use initiative
- Member of ICTAZ is a must.
- Full grade twelve certificate with at least a credit in Mathematics and English
- Undergraduate degree in computer science/information technology, information management systems, business information systems, business studies, mathematics, Statistics, Electrical /electronic engineering or any related field
- Database certifications will be an added advantage
- Must have 3 years’ experience managing databases in a dynamic ICT environment
- Extracting and/or loading data.
- Setting up cybersecurity measures.
- Ensuring all hardware and software are updated.
- Writing reports, documentation and operating manuals.
- Monitoring the performance of hardware and software.
- Configuring servers and databases.
- Preserving data integrity.
- Ethically handling private data.
- Support core application user related issues.
- Liaison with various stakeholder to assess and manage needs and requirements.
- Ensure database automations are accurate and meeting customer demands.
- Ensure availability of ICT database systems and minimise downtime
- Ensure optimum database performance by maintaining database resources.
- Interact with auditors both internal and external in carrying out audits.
- Ensure systems security by enforcing various cyber security plans
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their detailed curriculum Vitae and copies of certified qualifications to the Assistant Human Resource Manager via [email protected].
Closing date is Tuesday 17th Jan 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.