Website Madison General Insurance Company Zambia Limited
It's Worth it
Madison General Insurance Company Zambia Limited (MGen) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Underwriting Assistant to be based at our Head Office in Lusaka. The job holder will be reporting to the Underwriter
- Permanent and Pensionable
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, QUALITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Full grade twelve certificate with at least a credit in Mathematics and English.
- Degree in Insurance and Pensions Management;
- Or National Advanced Diploma in Insurance.
- Or National Diploma in insurance.
- Good communications both verbal and written.
- Analytical skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Ensure you accurately and quickly Issue Insurance documents such as motor certificates, COMESA Yellow Card, Policy Documents, and Territorial Extension etc.
- Ensure binders are processed in Premia within 72 hrs.
- Carry out Risk Survey or inspection of comprehensively insured vehicles.
- Ensure you follow up premium outstanding and make sure all policies were premium was not paid for in full have signed instalment plan.
- Ensure all policies requiring Reinsurance Support are communicated to the underwriter and were information on risk placement is provided, ensure RI allocation is 100% done.
- Ensure you collect underwriting details from the brokers to help you process the risk in Premia.
- Ensure you respond to email communication within 48hrs.
- You are required to attend to walk in customers who should be serviced within 20 minutes.
- Ensure you provide support to our agents by processing their request via whatsapp and any other means communicated to you.
- Ensure your collect accurate KYCs from the customers.
- Ensure you respond within 24hrs to inter departmental queries.
- Ensure that you accurately file your work both in DMS and in box files.
- Ensure you meet deadlines as required.
- Preparation of quotations.
- You are supposed to keep the following records;
- Deduct or instalment plans.
- Sent debit or credit notes to brokers
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their detailed curriculum Vitae and copies of certified qualifications (as one document) to the Assistant Human Resource Manager via [email protected].
Closing date is Tuesday 30th March 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.