Madison Life Insurance Company
Madison Life Insurance Company (Z) Limited (MLife) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill in the following positions to be based at our Head Office in Lusaka.
Position: Audit Associate
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, QUALITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Full grade twelve certificate with Credit or better in English and Mathematics
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or finalist CA / CIMA/ ACCA from an accredited institution or any recognized professional qualification from an accredited institution.
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and skills in: Financial and Risk Management and Compliance Audit
- Computer programs competence – Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Proficient written and verbal communication
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
The role is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Perform operational, financial and compliance audits of business operations.
- Performs the identification and evaluation of the organization’s risk areas and develops an annual Audit Plan.
- Ensure risks are identified by performing strategic risk assessments and determine that they are appropriately controlled and managed by the business.
- Develops the overall performance of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- To maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Prepare reports on audit results and provide recommendations to management for review and implementation.
- Evaluate and communicate financial and internal control best practices in use throughout the company and make recommendations for strengthening internal controls, improving operation, and reducing costs.
- Any other duties as may be assigned related to Audit.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of certified qualifications (as one document) to the Human Resource Manager via [email protected].
Closing date is Friday, 19th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.