About the Role
We currently have career opportunities for ELECTRICIANS (x2). This role will be required to cost-effectively carry out electrical maintenance works on equipment and substation installations in order to ensure efficient operation of the transmission system and reliable power supply to CEC customers. The job holder will report to Area Supervisor – System Maintenance.
- Maintain substation and auxiliary equipment to ensure that it is in the right working condition for continued safe power supply to customers.
- Undertake repairs on electrical system equipment so as to restore the equipment in the shortest possible time.
- Assist to carry out equipment installations to satisfy customers’ needs and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out transformer overhaul and rehabilitation to restore the equipment to the right working order.
- Check for possible faults on substation equipment to avoid major power interruptions and reduce on down time.
- Carry out fault diagnosis on substation equipment to avoid major power interruptions.
- Compile detailed and informative maintenance sheets on time to facilitate good record keeping.
- Ensure maintenance sheet results are entered into electronic date capturing facility.
- Ensure that maintenance work is carried out in accordance with system and safety regulations to avoid accidents.
- Ensure that working surroundings are always kept in a clean and tidy state.
- Carry out cable jointing duties to avoid disruption of power.
- Undertake any other job that may be assigned from time to time in compliance with company programs of multi-skilling.
- Carry out electrical maintenance activities in the most effective and efficient manner.
To be successful in this role, you will be required to have:
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Advanced certificate in electrical or equivalent
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in a role and context of similar complexity
- Ability to read wiring drawings and follow wiring schedules
- Good understanding of auxiliary switching equipment such as timers, contractors and simple relays
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
If you have the relevant experience and skills as indicated above, please click on this link and complete the online job application form. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 2nd June 2023.
Applicants are requested to provide contact numbers and accessible email addresses. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit cecinvestor.com.