Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will provide direction and support to enable sustained improvement in the integrity and reliability of mine site HV Electrical Assets.
- The incumbent will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Supervise planned maintenance and breakdown of HV electrical repairs
- Certifying of all Design standards for HV Electrical installations
- Measure and report overall maintenance performance
- Change management of electrical installations
- Compliance to First Quantum Minerals and relevant international standards
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of maintenance processes and systems
- Ensure that electrical distribution systems are maintained in a manner to meet statutory compliance and that all statutory testing and inspections are recorded and maintained as per Zambian mining regulation.
- Report all unplanned and significant planned activities to the Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure that safety and health of the workers in the section is well managed.
- Development of Zambian professionals with training, codes of practice and advance their electrical knowledge with structured systems and standards
- Undertake the statutory electrical license role that verifies compliance across the mine and develops gap closure plans with stakeholders
- Develop the skills and competency of electrical / instrument artisans, and, develop next in line successors
- Develop the quality requirements of how HV Electrical Maintenance shall be undertaken
- Develop and implement plans that enable sustained improvement in safety, reliability, cost and competency of the team
- Provide strong subject matter expertise on HV Electrical Asset Maintenance
- Manage expenditure within budget
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ) & Engineering Registration Board (ERB).
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to achieve result is a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in mining and or power generation industries with Five (5) years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated experience in HV electrical equipment found on site, including shovels, haul trucks, transformers etc.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams of people and driving cultural change
- Competent in International and Zambian electrical regulations and standards
- Must have a current driver’s license.
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance