Bank of Zambia
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the following vacant position:
MANAGER – BOARD AND PROTOCOL SERVICES – HEAD OFFICE (1 POST)
To plan and implement the Bank of Zambia’s corporate governance framework and manage the delivery of the Bank’s protocol affairs, event management and hospitality services in line with applicable policies and guidelines.
- Deliver efficient secretarial service support by recording accurate minutes of meetings, as assigned, and prepare action logs to facilitate effective implementation of Board or Management Committee decisions.
- Provide managerial support to the Bank’s corporate governance processes including the preparation of manual or electronic meeting packs, preparation of Board papers, review and vetting of Management submissions and research.
- Oversee the Board and Protocol Services Unit’s record management procedures by ensuring safe custody of Board and Management records.
- Supervise the operations of the general registry relating to Board/Management Committee folders, Board conveyances, notices/letters and other documents created for purposes of accountability.
- Manage the day-to-day administration and processing of all local and foreign business travel undertaken by Bank officials in compliance with applicable Bank policies and guidelines.
- Provide technical support to the procurement of outsourced air travel services and manage service providers to obtain value-for-money.
- Render high-quality protocol and etiquette standards to the Board, Executive Management and high level stakeholders at official engagements and events.
- Undertake ongoing market research of and maintain a database of suitable venues and other services by service providers in the hospitality industry to meet the Bank’s event requirements.
- Lead operational planning and secure approval of fit-for-purpose event plans.
- Execute complex and high-profile events/functions having regard to specified timelines, venue requirements, approved budget and protocol team.
- Represent the Bank at pre-event planning committees for local, regional or international conferences or seminars that require the Bank’s participation in hosting.
- Facilitate credit facilities for the Bank and key staff and ensure the prompt settlement of accounts for outsourced services in strict compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Undertake periodic review and advise on the adequacy of Bank processes.
- Advise Management on protocol formalities and courtesies to be observed as appropriate.
- Supervise Protocol Services team and foster team spirit and a results-oriented culture.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Law; Journalism; Mass Communications; Public Relations; equivalent Social Sciences or relevant field.
- At least five (5) years’ relevant experience.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Good Negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Organisation and coordination skills
- Good people management
- Impeccable personal grooming and conduct
- Observes behavioural etiquette
- Client Orientation and accountability
- Good intuition to make crucial judgement calls
- Problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Computer literacy
- Time management
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply. Please note that the position is on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online, via the BOZ Career page on www.boz.zm or address their hardcopy applications to the postal address appearing below. Applicants’ detailed curriculum vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be enclosed with or attached to the online or hardcopy applications. The closing date for applications is Monday, 7 September 2020.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that the Bank of Zambia has automated its recruitment process. With effect from 1 January 2021, the Bank will ONLY accept online job applications and hard copy applications will no longer be processed.
The Director – Human Resources
Bank of Zambia
P O BOX 30080