Bank of Zambia
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following vacant position:
MANAGER – ELECTRONIC SECURITY (1 POST)
To plan, design, implement, test, troubleshoot and monitor Electronic Security Devices performance, Electronic Access Control, Command Control management and Electronic Security Surveillance Systems to provide expert Electronic Security support services in order to deliver quality Security services to Bank of Zambia.
- To participate in the strategic plan for the Bankwide Electronic Security Technology, migration and upgrades in order to keep abreast with current trends.
- To participate in planning, design and installation of Electronic Access Control Systems, Electronic Security Surveillance Systems, Security Cameras, Security Servers, Network systems, to ensure reliability and availability of Electronic Security Systems to the entire Bank of Zambia.
- To prepare procedure guidelines, preventive maintenance and training schedules.
- To manage hardware and software inventory of all Electronic Security equipment and vital operational statistics to ensure accountability.
- To manage all Electronic Security contracts and maintain contact with Service Providers.
- To prepare security network topology and configurations of both existing and new equipment. Carry out all authorised change processes and participate in the formulation of the disaster recovery document in order to provide reference records and ensure accountability for system changes.
- To manage System Administration functions including Back-up and Restore to ensure availability and continuity.
- To design and generate reports from the Security Information Systems for management attention.
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Five (5) years relevant experience in a highly Electronic Security supported organisation
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- In-depth Knowledge of Electronic Security technologies.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN network design, Remote access technologies.
- In depth Knowledge is Information Security principles as guided by COBIT 5 framework.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, IP routing and routed, protocols, Fast and Gigabit Ethernet and Network Management Protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of LAN and WAN Network Security Configuration and Management.
- Knowledge of Virtual Infrastructure Technologies such Vmware vSphere or Hyper V.
- Working knowledge of fibre optic and UTP cabling operations and management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and knowledge of PC hardware and Microsoft Windows Client Operating systems.
- Ability to carry out research and development.
- Strong communication, technical discussion and report writing skills.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online, Applicants’ detailed curriculum vitae (CV), scanned certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be attached to the online application. The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 31 May 2023. Please note that only applications submitted online shall be considered.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit lde.tbe.taleo.net.