Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company Limited
The Mission of the Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company Limited is to provide quality water and sanitation services to customers in Lusaka Province in a commercially and environmentally sustainable manner. In order to achieve this, the Company must ensure that staff with the right knowledge, skills and abilities are available as required. LWSC now seeks to recruit dynamic and energetic persons who are performance driven, and invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the following vacant position:
Manager – Information Communication and Technology (No. Required: 1 – Fixed-Term contract)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Manager ICT is crucial to business continuity and success, and serves to advise the Company on IT solutions that will ultimately lead to growth and efficient performance. The job holder will work with Business Units across the Company from beginning to end, outlining the most effective resources and oversee projects through design, development to completion. He or she will lead, manage, co-ordinate and ensure up to date companywide information, communication and technology systems, ensuring that they are operating to support the effective and efficient operations of the company.
- In alignment with organisational goals and objectives, drives ICT medium and long-term strategies and plans and increases operational efficiency by streamlining LWSC business processes through the successful implementation of an appropriate integrated business management system.
- Stays abreast of developments in ICT technology and remains highly technically competent at all levels of data processing while striving for enhanced user productivity through implementation of new software technology where applicable, and the implementation of policies that more effectively utilise MIS resources.
- Formulates, interprets and ensures complete implementation of ICT policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Works with Business Units to reengineer business processes in order to ensure that they are integrated into the information systems throughout the organisation to reduce the cost of doing business.
- Oversees implementation and monitoring of ICT strategies that ensures effective and efficient operations across the company such as maximisation of revenue generation and collection; debt management, non-revenue water reduction; and provision of better customer service, enhanced Human Resources management, easier communication with customers, and improved Asset Management.
- Improves network security and cyber security within the company by installation of intrusion prevention systems and intrusion detection systems and ensuring network security and protection of data from internal and external attacks.
- Increases communication efficiency and effectiveness through the provision of reliable network connectivity within LWSC and its branches, and with external stakeholders.
- Coordinates and ensures that Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system is operational and continuously available.
- Creates an environment where innovation thrives for the research and development of ICT systems and applications that will result in various company operations, and remains conversant with emerging best practice in ICT and changes in technology, and advises Management on sustainable solutions as appropriate.
- Identifies and successfully negotiates for opportunities to improve and update software and systems, using innovative, sustainable and cost efficient solutions, and manages ICT suppliers and support services providers.
- Ensures the existence and practicability of appropriate database administration, data backups and recovery procedures.
- Coordinates and supports the development and upgrading of websites and deployment of communication platforms.
- Increases productivity and a reformed corporate culture by enforcing the usage of the integrated management systems, or available systems, in all departments.
- Improves information management through implementation of a document management system and its peripherals.
- Increases security of Company assets by safeguarding ITC systems, operations and equipment achieved through the creation of a standard data centre and business continuity plan.
- Ensures timely and appropriate maintenance of ICT related equipment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Eight (8) years post qualification and demonstrated 5 years working experience in a service industry at a senior management level
- An appropriate Master’s degree shall be an added advantage
- Proven hands on experience in managing companywide IT and communication systems
- Demonstrated development of innovative IT and communication systems and applications that enhance business operating efficiency
- Networking and software development skills are compulsory
- Sound knowledge and demonstrable experience in ICT Project Management implementation
- Good understanding of business strategy and re-engineering of business processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Back office products
- Experience in computer programming
- Must be a Member of ICT Association of Zambia
- Should possess strong Leadership and decision making skills
- Must be analytical and have problem solving skills
- Customer Service skills centric awareness
- Must be an innovative and driven individual with goal orientation
- Valid driving license
- Should have good communication skills with the aptitude to interpret and present data
- Must be a team builder and a team player with multitasking skills
- Must have a good knowledge of Project Management.
Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all encouraged to apply.
All applications together with photocopies of certificates, detailed curriculum vital should reach the Director Human Resources and Administration no later than 14th December 2018.
Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company Limited
Plot No. 871, Katemo Road
Post Office Box 50198
Applications can also be posted electronically to [email protected] before 17.00 hours on the closing date.