Dangote Industries Zambia Limited
Exciting Career Opportunity
The Dangote Group is one of Africa‘s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern and advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Industries (Z) Limited is looking for action-oriented, high performing and dedicated professional to join the Media Relations Department.
Manages media relationships and proactively plans/ coordinates all key interactions with media partners to ensure the achievement of strategic business objectives.
REPORTS TO: Chief Corporate Communications Officer.
DEPARTMENT: Stakeholder Management & Corporate Communications.
- Prepare all Media communications content, including digital and social media communication.
- Manage effective relationships with media stakeholders.
- Act as the first point of contact regarding all media stakeholder engagements and manage the implementation of external communication protocol, processes and procedures.
- In partnership with Marketing and Branding function, facilitate media profiling of the company and maintain the required company image and brand through effective media profiling control.
- Where required, act as an alternative spokesperson or media liaison for the company.
- Assist in developing PR and Media Relations plans for target stakeholders, and support the onsite staff and contractors in implementing communications plans.
- Write and issue print media background briefings, issue-specific fact sheets, talking points and content for the Group website.
- Manage day-to-day publicity efforts for TV, radio, print etc.
- Draft and edit Public Relations collaterals including press releases, speeches, FAQ briefing notes, corporate power point and corporate advertorials.
- Maintain a working relationship with media outlets, key stakeholders, bringing inaccuracies and errors to the attention of writers and editors in a timely fashion.
- Strong knowledge of cement business or related businesses.
- Deep understanding of the industry including trends and practices.
- Deep understanding of Media Relations, including media categories.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of social media.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A BSc in Mass Communication, English, Public Relations or any related course.
- A Postgraduate degree in Mass Communication or any related course.
- An MBA is an advantage
Membership of any professional bodies will be an advantage.
Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Media Relations
ONLY candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The General Manager HR & Admin and send them to [email protected]
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document and certificates including grade 12 certificate. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
Closing date for receiving applications is 17th November, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruit.Zambia@DANGOTE.COM