Zambia Railways Limited
ZAMBIA RAILWAYS LIMITED
A Member of Group of Companies
Zambia Railways Limited (ZRL) is a national Railway of Zambia. The Company specialises in transporting heavy cargo in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) as well as running a local passenger train service. The area of product specialization is freight-bulk cargo and passenger rail services to the satisfaction of all Stakeholders. The Company therefore seeks the services of a committed , vibrant, innovative, and strategically focused and business oriented Zambian national to fill the vacant positions below of:
1.0 POSITION: MANAGER PROCUREMENT & SUPPLIES
1.1 PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To develop and implement procurement and storage strategies to ensure the availability of goods and services for the ZRL is operations in compliance with the ZRL and Public Procurement Policies.
1.2 GRADE AND REPORTINGLINE
This is a Senior Management position in Salary Grade RM 3 in the structure of the Company reporting to the Managing Director.
1.3 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops the ZRLs annual Procurement Plans in accordance to approved budgets.
- Develops and checks compliance to procurement and stores procedures.
- Prepares programmes and budgets for procurement and stores activities and maintains budgetary control for approved departmental budoets.
- Monitors the execution of procurement plan with respect to budget and lead times.
- Monitors con tractor performance.
- Monitors the storage of ZRLs inventory to ensure availability, safety and optimum whole-life.
- Reviews stores systems and procedures to ensure that they meet or respond to any changes and challenges.
- Provides professional advice to ZRL on procurement and stores matters.
- Identifies the training needs of staff in the deportment and facilitates appropriate capacity building.
1.4 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 with five (5) “O” Levels with credit or better in Mathematics and English Language.
- Graduate Diploma obtained from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or Bachelor of Science in Purchasing and Supply obtained from a recognized Institution.
- Not less than five (05) years of relevant experience in senior position in procurement management in cn organisction of similar size in operations.
- Practical experience in Public Sector Procurement with customer centric positive cultural attitude shall be a definite advantage.
- Proof of Full Membership with Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
- Experience in regulatory procedures.
- Sound judgernent and ability to analyse situation and information.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Master’s Degree in a business or Procurement and Supply related field from a recognised University is an added advantage.
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitae with certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications inciuding details of three (3) traceable referees and their contact numbers not later than 17:00hrs on 27th January, 2021 to:
Director Human Resource and Administration
Zambia Railways Limited
P.O. Box 80935
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.