Bank of Zambia
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following vacant positions:
MANAGER – SECURITY OPERATIONS, RO (1 POST)
To manage the Security function of the Bank of Zambia to ensure protection of Assets owned and controlled by the Bank as well as employees and clients.
- Plan and coordinate Security systems, procedures, practices and policies in accordance with the Bank of Zambia to ensure effective, efficient formulation of policies, procedures and systems.
- Prepare, control and monitor monthly, quarterly and annual reports and departmental budgets for management information and decision-making to ensure that monthly, annual and ad hoc reports are prepared and submitted in time to management.
- Commission and de-commission investigations into all criminal activities against the Bank of Zambia and violations of Bank of Zambia regulations to ensure that violations of procedures and systems that warrant investigations are thoroughly probed and appropriate action taken.
- Analyse all security reports on daily occurrences, routine works and investigations and recommend appropriate action to ensure that reports are analysed and appropriate recommendations are made.
- Link Bank of Zambia to state security wings to maintain rapport with State Security Agencies
- Co-ordinate hiring of security services from private security firms to ensure that security services are being rendered to the Bank.
- Plan and coordinate disaster management strategies for the Bank of Zambia to ensure that disasters, procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Direct conveyance of currency across the country to ensure that valuables are delivered to destinations safely.
Qualifications and Experience
- MA/MSc plus relevant security training or equivalent
- Five (5) years relevant experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Security and Criminal matters and legal processes
- Supervisory skills
- Good writing Skills
- Good time management
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online, Applicants’ detailed curriculum vitae (CV), scanned certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be attached to the online application. The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 31 May 2023. Please note that only applications submitted online shall be considered.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.