Marie Stopes Zambia
Children by Choice not Chance
Marie Stopes Zambia (MSZ) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and reproductive healthcare. MSZ is part of the global network that is Marie Stopes International (MSI).
MSZ subscribes to the MSI goal and mission, which is to prevent unwanted births and to ensure the individual’s right to Children by Choice not Chance.
The Marketing Officer will be responsible for development and implementation of the overall marketing strategy that will enable commercial sustainability and impact. He/she will be the point of contact for all advertising, consumer insights, market intelligence, promotion and new product/ services development activities related to MSZ’s Centres, Outreach and Social Marketing Channels. He/She will be responsible for supporting marketing and social behaviour change communication initiatives for increasing access to and use of sexual reproductive health commodities and services by providing support in product development, promotion, placement and pricing strategies, and other areas to be identified.
Reporting to: The Commercial Director
- Work with the Commercial Director and other channel leads to develop overall brand and marketing strategy for MSZ.
- Develop relationships with our different teams and clients in order to help tell compelling and appropriate stories about MSZ’s work and its impact across the different delivery channels.
- Manage development and execution of marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, trade shows, events, collateral, and online presence for the strategy execution in Zambia.
- Liaise with MSI Communications team on all branding artwork to ensure compliance.
- Develop through evidence based approaches appropriate marketing & BCC campaigns following a 360 degree approach for maximum impact.
- Ensure smooth, timely and focused planning and implementation of marketing and BCC activities.
- Liaise with the Media (radio, TV, print, social media) to ensure the most appropriate time slots for the airing of MSZ’s programs and advertisements as well as monitor compliance to the contracted time slots.
- Maintain information on all products attributes and serve as the technical expert on all aspects of the brand and also ensure safe custody of all inventories of advertising and BCC materials.
- Ensure that recommendations from marketing and research studies are implemented in order to strengthen take-up of family planning, especially of long-acting and permanent methods of contraception.
- Prepare and submit the relevant reports of the functional activities related to marketing and BCC on a monthly basis.
- Develop and manage annual budget and campaign budgets in a cost effective manner; and manage procurement of printing & collateral deliverables
- Analyze market share; identify competitive strengths and weakness and opportunities that arise to realize additional revenue for the Centre and social marketing channel.
- Carry out any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the Commercial Director.
As a result of the nature of this role and the need to grow the MSZ business, suitable candidates will be required to demonstrate an entrepreneurial and communications track record, blending implementation experience and sound business acumen together with the ability to develop and build relationships and above all get results.
All requirements are essential unless stated otherwise: Qualifications/Knowledge/Expertise
- Degree level or equivalent, or holding a relevant professional qualification in marketing, sales, business, management or a related field.
- Member of Zambia Institute of Marketing
- Preferably from a communications and marketing background, experience in reproductive healthcare will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of the issues surrounding provision of reproductive health care services and products.
- At least 3 years’ experience in designing a brand position/proposition and ability to develop a marketing delivery plan and in deploying an integrated marketing communications plan.
- Must have proven experience in ‘In-Market’ activation and “Go to Market” execution.
- High energy and passion towards solving real-world client’s needs related to Reproductive Health care and management.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Accepts responsibility, is self-motivated and accountable for achieving revenue and profit targets.
- Results-oriented, excellent ability to utilize and manage the organization’s resources to achieve goals.
- Proven ability to interpret verbal and numerical data.
- Proven ability to ‘sell’ ideas and concepts
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High initiative, drive, outgoing/personable, persistence, results orientation, energy, integrity, enthusiasm and commercial outlook would be necessary.
- Highly self-sufficient & self-servicing, innovative, inspirational and persuasive, collaborative approach to team work.
- Strong personal commitment to the goals of MSZ and the vision to put it into practice would be desirable.
- Must be pro-choice
Able to travel extensively.
Note: MSI takes a zero tolerance approach to fraud and bribery, terrorism, money laundering, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct or any safeguarding issues. Applicants will be subjected to a Police Clearance Check and Reference Checks.
Candidates who meet the requirements should send an application letter and current CV to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 12th April, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.