Marie Stopes Zambia
Children by Choice not Chance
Marie Stopes Zambia (MSZ) is a results-focused social enterprise, which uses modern marketing techniques to provide family planning and reproductive healthcare. MSZ is part of the global network that is Marie Stopes International (MSI). MSZ subscribes to the MSI goal and mission, which is to prevent unwanted births and to ensure the individual’s right to Children by Choice not Chance.
It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully support the concept of Child Protection, zero tolerance for fraud and bribery and comply with and promote and live MSI CORE VALUES:
mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, pioneering, sustainable and people centered.
The main purpose of this role is to assist the Health Services Department with the smooth running of the assigned Region through provision of high level administrative and logistical support to the Outreach teams and Copperbelt Support Office. Duties will range from developing effective office systems, acting as a point of contact with the Outreach teams and other departments, organising internal and external meetings and events, collating and processing expense receipts, assisting with the production of monthly financial and narrative reports, overseeing procurement and stock management and all other administrative tasks.
1. Financial Administration
- Prepare monthly cash requests for all teams using standardized reporting templates
- Assist with the re-coding of account codes for SUN system, filing accounting documents and the monthly closure
- Accurate bookkeeping, record and identify all transactions with the relevant codes
- Report all discrepancies and variations to the Outreach Manager/Finance Department
- Oversees all team retirements for completeness, validity, sign-off/authorisation and on-ward handover to the Accountant for SUN processing
- Monitor project team expenses and implement cost cutting measures and produce quarterly reports for the Health Services Director
- Develop a tool to ensure that he/she is aware of all team staff accounts that need retiring.
2. Stock and Asset Managemet
- Oversee procurement management on all teams as agreed with the Clinical Services Manager
- Oversee project stock management on all teams and ensure that all monthly processes around balancing team stocks to SUN are adhered to – this includes ensuring teams conduct monthly stock counts
- Use standardized reporting tools to monitor stock usage against outputs on all teams. This is to be achieved in liaison with the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
- Ensures all movements of assets are authorized and properly managed; and submit record of movements to the Finance Department
- Ensures that all fixed assets that are not in usable condition are reported to the Finance Department
3. HR and Office Management
- Coordinates team activities with resources, equipment and information required for the smooth operation of the Outreach teams
- Assign tasks to teams and assist with schedule management as agreed with the Health Services Director and the Outreach Manager
- Manages all logistics on all teams (i.e. transport, communication, internet, programs etc.)
- Use standardized reporting tools to monitor fuel usage against mileage covered on all team vehicles
- Use standardized reporting tools to monitor team working hours, leave schedules and any other team member plans so as to ensure a continued work-schedule on all teams
- Create and maintain copies of all comprehensive team documentation, plans and reports.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in business, management or related field, with accounting knowledge
- Experience in working with statistical and financial data
- Must have excellent communication/interactive skills and must function well independently, as well as part of a team
- At least 3 years of experience in a senior administrative position
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; and knowledge of one or more local languages
- Demonstrates MSZ team member behaviours
- Pro MSI philosophy of social enterprise and cost recovery
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to [email protected] Closing date for applications is 25th May, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.