ZESCO United Football Club
Powering the Nation
ZESCO UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB (ZUFC)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacancy at ZUFC to be based in Ndola.
JOB ROLE: MARKETING & COMMERCIAL MANAGER
REPONSIBLE TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
To give direction and leadership in all the Marketing and Commercial activities of the Club to ensure generation of the revenue in order to help the Club achieve its strategic objections.
- Formulate and implement a strategic marketing and commercial plan for the club to raise revenue efficiently and effectively in order to achieve the club’s strategic objectives and vision.
- Provide input to the budgeting process to ensure realization of the strategic marketing plan.
- Lead, develop and implement marketing requirements across departments.
- Champion and manage the brands across the club.
- Work with other departments to understand their challenges and requirements of a rnarketing nature and provide solutions.
- Work closely with officers to ensure sales opportunities are maximised and marketing is integrated.
- Motivate a growing team to deliver high standards of branding and marketing.
- Think innovatively and creatively to ensure every opportunity is exploited to raise the brand profile of ZESCO United’s facilities.
- Ensure regular communication with key departments, contractors and suppliers to facilitate the smooth operation of the marketing department/activities.
- Manage agency relationships to ensure the club is getting the best out of them whilst working efficiently and cost effectively.
- Timely provide reports, business cases, and execute project plans as required by the Chief Execubve Officer.
- Manage client (Club sponsors) relationships and identify opportunities for new contracts.
- Analyse data and generate reports to identify potential for business growth.
- Monitor local and international football regulations on club licensing and sponsorships.
- Bid on new projects and negotiate contract terms.
- Recruit and oversee contractors and vendors.
- Manage the brand of the club.
- Enter into contracts for brand rights.
- Enter into contract for live and post-match rights with advertising platforms,
- Manage the advertising side of the club.
- Coordinate local and international club relationships.
- Manage the sales for club merchandise.
- Manage the image rights of the players for the benefit of the dub and the player.
- Manage match ticketing.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Full Grade 12 GCE O’level or its equivalent.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or its equivalent from a proven College or University,
- At least five (5) years proven work experience in senior management from a reputa ble organisation.
- Strong in strategic management.
- Strong in Marketing, commercial and customer services competencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills,
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Extensive experience in developing and managing marketing plans.
- Experience in sport would be desirable, but it is not a prerequisite.
- A full member of the Marketing Insbtute of Zambia.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in the relevant field is an added advantage.
Interested individuals who meet the specified requirements should send their detailed applications, curriculum vitae (with names and addresses of three traceable references and their contact addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses), and copies of educational and professional certificates certified to:
The General Secretary
ZESCO United Football Club
38A Lewanika Road
Email your details to: [email protected]
Copied: [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is 4 December, 2020 at 4pm. The application MUST clearly indicate the name of job role being applied for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.