MARY BEGG HEALTH SERVICES
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Quality Manager works in a multidisciplinary team to develop, implement and oversee the quality management system and improvement plans to ensure delivery of the highest quality patient care. As a member of the senior management team, the Quality Manager initiates and oversees the development of a comprehensive quality/performance improvement program.
- Develop a quality strategy and plan quality initiatives to align with corporate strategy
- Develop and implement the quality management and improvement programs
- Oversees quality assurance and compliance functions.
- Responsible for monitoring and updating policies and procedures
- Set standards for quality as well as health and safety.
- Make sure that services meet international and national standards
- Look at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
- Measure performance and identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements.
- Leads ISO 9001 certification program.
- Responsible for Clinical Risk Management including events management.
- Work closely with the Head of Nursing to implement infection prevention and control programs.
- Develop, implement and monitor Best Care Always bundles
- Perform Quality reviews of clinical operations to ensure compliance with regulations and MBHS Standards.
- Prepare the company and facilities for regulatory agency visits and inspections.
- Support training of staff to ensure compliance with company policies and regulatory standards.
- Develop and ensure implementation of the annual audit schedule.
- Promote and advocate for the rights of patients.
- Report quality matters to the senior management team.
Qualifications and Experience required
- A relevant nursing qualification (Diploma/ Degree in nursing)
- Registered with NMC of Zambia or nursing council in the country of practice.
- Qualification in project management, or business related degree / diploma will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Quality Management, Infection Control and Hospital
- Incident and Adverse Event Management.
- Experience in Risk Management is a requirement.
- Experience in the implementation of ISO 9001 – Quality Management System is a must.
- Completion of ISO 9001:2015 internal auditor course; ISO 9001:2015 Lead Implementer course is preferred
- At least five (5) years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Report writing skills
- Computer Literate
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking
- Problem Solving skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Service minded, time management and Quality care minded.