MARY BEGG HEALTH SERVICES
At MBHS, the clinic driver is responsible for all the transport needs of the company as directed and approved by the direct supervisor and in line with company policies. He/she is responsible for servicing, cleaning and maintaining the company cars; ensuring vehicle license, safety checks and registration is up-to-date and clearly displayed; purchasing and delivery of items/parcels and/or company staff to their respective destinations; and any other duties assigned.
At MBHS, the driver performs his/her duties is a professional, timely and efficient manner and is always available for emergency patient and/or staff transfers and pick-ups. He/she adheres to the MBHS Code of Conduct at all times.
- Always follow and adhere to the rules of the road and drive in keeping with Zambian RTSA regulations. Drive safely at all times, even in an emergency situation.
- Clean, service and maintain all MBHS vehicles in good working condition.
- Ensure that the car is cleaned twice weekly both inside and outside.
- Ensure that vehicle registration, insurance and safety certificate are all up to date and renewed according to requirements set out by RTSA.
- Ensure that all MBHS vehicles have a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, road breakdown neon caution triangles and any other equipment required by RTSA to drive on the road.
- All registration, road tax and insurance information are clearly displayed on the front glass windshield.
- Responsible for accurately and honestly completing the vehicle log book.
- Responsible for safe driving technique.
- Responsible for ensuring that all passengers in the vehicle wear seat belts. DO NOT start the car till all passengers have their safety belts on.
- Ensure that sufficient petrol/diesel is filled in the car prior to any staff/patient transfers to ensure prompt and on-time arrival at specified location.
- Complete a vehicle maintenance inspection prior to daily vehicle usage for safe and comfortable patient/staff transport. Report required maintenance and repair of vehicle immediately.
- Pickup, load and deliver MBHS parcels, packages and/or boxes to specified locations as requested by your direct supervisor.
- Drive MBHS staff for meetings in Ndola, Solwezi, Kalumbila, Lusaka or Kabitaka as instructed by the Clinic Manager or General Manager.
- Pick-up and drop-off staff and/or MBHS visitors to and from the airport.
- Responsible to co-ordinate vehicle movements with the clinic staff – senior nurse on duty.
- Pick up oxygen tanks from the clinic and take them to the appropriate supplier location to have them filled and/or checked as directed by the Clinic Manager or direct supervisor.
- Transport patients in a safe and professional manner. Assist with patient transfers, if an ambulance is not required, or as directed by your direct supervisor.
- Maintain the confidentiality of clients.
- Responsible for safety and security of vehicle at the clinic and other venues.
- Notify your supervisor when an issue or incident arises with a client or staff member. Complete an ‘Incident and Adverse Event Form’ in the case of any incident and/or accident and submit to your direct supervisor or clinic manager within 24 hours.
- Capable of understanding directions and the ability to read and use maps accurately.
- Maintain daily log of vehicle mileage and compressor hours.
- Maintain log of routine inspections of vehicle, daily, weekly and monthly.
Purchase any clinic supplies (i.e. water bottles, perishable or any other consumables) as directed by the supervisor or assistant clinic manager and deliver to the clinic on time. Ensure receipts of all purchases are submitted to the Finance Department or direct supervisor.
- Assist the staff kitchen with the purchase of staff kitchen supplies as directed by the supervisor or assistant clinic manager.
- Comply with MBHS sickness and absenteeism policy.
- Promote a professional image by adhering to the dress code.
- Perform any other duties or reasonable requests assigned by the Clinic Manager/ Head Office Management/ Supervisor from time to time.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- A good general education with a Grade 12 certificate.
- Proficient in spoken English.
- Class B Manual Driving License (Class C is added Advantage)
- 5 years experience
- Clean driving record