Maryland Global Initiative Corporation Zambia (MGICZ)
Grants and Contracts Officer is responsible for the overall contractual management of program and sub-awards. This includes managing and monitoring of expenses and ensuring that all contractual documents comply with MGIC and donor regulations. The officer will also prepare all required documents related to Program sponsor approvals related to sub-awards, waivers, and procurement. Maintains good relationships with Program Sponsors and sub-awardees on all contractual and procurement matters.
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator, Chief of Party, and Program Manager to develop and administer a comprehensive sub-grant strategy to support downstream partners with the implementation of project activities.
- Conduct day to day management and implementation of the grants work plan, including identification of potential partners, administration of the proposal process, administration of the sub-award process, and partner capacity-building.
- Propose revisions to grant processes and procedures based on experience and lessons learned and coordinate proposed changes with the Chief of Party and Finance Director
- Conduct a pre-award assessment for pre-approved sub-recipients.
- Work closely with the technical team to identify potential areas of support, eligibility, and evaluation criteria.
- Work with selected grantees to ensure budgets are in line with program activities and that costs are reasonable, allowable, and allocable.
- Conduct due diligence assessments on all grants including business feasibility, evaluate environmental requirements, and document negotiation process for all prospective grantees.
- Conduct post-award training for the sub-recipients on grants administration, applicable donor regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Identify sub-recipient/grantee capacity building needs and provide technical assistance where needed and training to assure compliance and technical skill-building.
- Review sub-recipient/grant reports for accuracy and completeness and regularly monitor their budgets vis-a-vis financial reports and process payments/reimbursements as appropriate.
- Conduct grantee site visits as appropriate including technical support and financial monitoring of grants and cost-share to ensure proper accounting of grant funds awarded.
- Maintain complete and accurate files for all sub-recipient/grant files.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all correspondence and notifications to grant applicants and grantees.
- Coordinate the close-out of sub-recipients/grants. This will involve preparing relevant close-out documents for approval such as disposition documentation, modification agreements on closeout, closeout checklists, the release of liability documentation, etc.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the program’s annual work plans.
- Ensure that staff is familiar with grants management procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other BA with related grants management experience
- More than 5 years of related experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in the field as well as all relevant federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and programs/policies for meeting compliance.
- Ability to effectively use analytical and organizational skills in order to carry out and follow through with complex assignments for which no clear precedents exist.
- Ability to provide advice and expertise both orally and in writing to clients, peers, subordinates, and management.
- Ability to communicate and interact with, as well as support effective partnerships with peers and subordinates.
- Skill in using PC applications for advanced analysis and useful reporting.
- Ability to establish and communicate ongoing and new priorities and projects in order to meet scheduled deadlines in a changing environment.
- Ability to reprioritize data as change warrants; ability to change.
- Team player.