Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation
Clinical Educator-DREAMS PrEP Services
Location: Eastern Province Chipata
Maryland global initiative corporation Zambia (MGIC-Z) is implementing the Community Impact to reach Key and underserved Individuals for Support (CIRKUITS) grants in Eastern, western and Lusaka provinces. In FY 21 and COP 20 UOM will be implementing Determined Resilient Empowered AIDS free Mentored safe (DREAMS) an evidence based HIV prevention intervention targeting adolescent girls and young women (AGYW). The grant will use a combination of approaches to prevent new HIV infections among adolescents and young women which includes biomedical intervention and social economical support in a layered structure. The DREAMS-PrEP intervention layer will be implemented in collaboration with the main DREAMS implementing partner and Provincial health offices in Eastern provinces.
Reports to the provincial Coordinator and collaborates with DREAMS site coordinators at the DREAMS Centre and safe spaces.
The main role of the DREAMS PrEP Clinical Educator will be to scale up the uptake of PrEP among the AGYW and ensuring good retention of PrEP clients. She will be responsible for ensuring that all eligible AGYW are initiated on PrEP and linked to other preventive services by working closely with the provincial health offices and the main DREAMS implementing partner in the district.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with the DREAMS Site Coordinator in developing strategies on how to scale up PrEP uptake and ensure retention on PrEP for AGYW
- Training and mentorship of connectors and facility staff in the PrEP package as part of the combination prevention intervention
- Coordinate the connectors in creating demand for PrEP
- Identify at risk AGYW, screen for eligibility, counsel for PrEP and initiate AGYW on PrEP
- Collaborate with other IPs and the DHO staff in scaling up the uptake of PrEP
- Participate in community sensitization on PrEP as a preventive measure
- Participate in sensitization of the AGYW’s parents/ Guardians on PrEP to dispel myths and misconceptions
- Ensure a constant supply and stock of PrEP for the AGYW
- Ensure proper documentation of the PrEP services in the registers, PrEP forms and DHIS2 Tracker program
- Liaison person between the DREAMS Centre and the catchment health facility on on PrEP management among AGYW and their partners
- Foster bi-directional referral of AGYWS to the health facility and vice versa for sustainability purposes
- Ensure coordination with other relevant prevention programs and stakeholders at the community and district levels.
- Consolidate and Provide weekly and monthly PrEP reports to DREAMS Site Coordinator
- Participate in collaborative meetings with community key gate keepers and health facility staff in ensuring that all eligible AGYW are initiated on PrEP
- Clinical officer, Nursing degree/Diploma, HNP will be an added advantage
- Trained in the management of pre exposure prophylaxis
- Trained in clinical training skills
- Trained and certified in Psychosocial counselling and Rapid HIV testing
- At least 3 years’ experience in working with AGYW and management of PrEP clients
- Good interpersonal skills and team builder