Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Zambia
POSITION : PROCUREMENT AND STORES ASSSISTANT
REPORTS TO : PROCUREMENT & LOGISTICS OFFICER
Main responsibilities will include the following;
- Collect stock requisitions from requesters and assist with the sourcing of suitable suppliers as assigned by the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Manage goods handling, storage and rotation, and ensures the quality of the goods are kept to an acceptable standard. This includes identifying obsolete stock and damaged stock.
- Checks invoices/delivery notes against receipted goods and report any quantity, quality or price variations with the purchase order to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Ensure the distribution of stock between locations is in accordance with the MGICZ stores system and procedure. Process the paperwork for entry into the inventory system regularly.
- To monitor stock levels and movement of stock and determine when to replenish on office consumables.
- To conduct the stock, take of any store at month end or quarterly and on request, to ensure proper stock take procedures are followed and any discrepancies are reported.
- Monitor the stores to ensure they are secure at all times and access to the stores out of hours requires prior approval from management and to ensure appropriate record being made of any out of hours access.
- To ensure the goods delivered by vendors are inspected and verified to ensure conformity or compliant to specifications.
- To assist in raising purchase orders
- To prepare and submit the Monthly stock summary report every month.
- To coordinate the stores activities with the Administrative Assistants in the Hub Offices.
- Any other duties as requested by the Procurement & Logistics Officer.
- Degree/Diploma in procurement and stores /CIPS
- More than 3 years’ work experience in a procurement unit
- Experience working in stores
- Added advantage of working in an NGO
- Willing to travel 25%