Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Zambia
DREAMS SITE CONNECTORS
Maryland Global Initiative Corporation Zambia (MGIC-Z) is implementing the Zambia HIV Epidemic Control for Key Population (Z-CHECK) in Southern Province. In FY 21 and COP 20 UOM will be implementing Determined Resilient Empowered AIDS free Mentored safe (DREAMS) an evidence based HIV prevention intervention targeting adolescent girls and young women. The grant will use a combination of approaches to prevent HIV among adolescents and young women which includes biomedical intervention and social economical support in a layered structure. The DREAMS intervention will be implemented in collaboration with the Provincial health offices in Southern and Western Provinces.
Location: Monze 1, Mazabuka 1
Reports to: DREAMS Site Coordinator
- The Dreams connector will be responsible for recruiting Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in communities to be enrolled into safe spaces.
- She will collaborate with the community to identify safe space, support the DREAMS site coordinators as well as the DREAMS Mentors in setting up the space .
- She will ensure all services provided to the adolescents are entered the project data collecting system the electronic community management information system tracker program.
- Recruit AGYW in communities to be enrolled into safe spaces
- Collaborate with the project sub grantee and community leaders to identify safe space venues
- Support the DREAMS site coordinators with the day to day management of the center (filling of documents, re-stocking of supplies and other administrative tasks)
- Provide support to DREAMS Mentors who will be running Safe Spaces within specific sites
- Support DREAMS Mentors and ensure that they are running quality Safe Spaces and meeting the needs of the AGYW
- Act as focal point persons between the DREAMS Centers and other facilities where AGYW will be referred to access services that will not be available at the Center
- Conduct regular home visits to follow up on AGYW who do not frequently attend Safe Space meetings or attend the DREAMS Centers
- Sensitize parents and community members on the DREAMS initiative
- Provide HIV psychosocial counselling and rapid HIV testing services and facilitate active linkage of the adolescents infected to treatment and those at substantial risk to prevention services such as PrEP, Family planning.
- Must live within the specific site for easy travel to DREAMS Centers and Safe Spaces
- Must have a degree/diploma in Social science/health related diploma
- Psychosocial Counseling Certificate and Rapid HIV Testing competence certificate
- Must be aged between 20 and 35 years
- Must be assertive and energetic
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have past experience working as a community mobilizer, community volunteer, school club leader or any related leadership role
- Required Attributes and Competences: Empathetic, devoted and respectful individual with good interpersonal communication, team building, and writing skills.
Closing date for the advert is 25th September 2020.