Website Mary's Meals
Mary’s Meals is a fast-growing international charity, currently providing a daily meal to almost two million hungry and impoverished children across four continents in their place of education. Mary’s Meals Zambia delivers school feeding to children in the Eastern Province of Zambia. This role is based in Chipata, Eastern Province and is part of the Mary’s Meals International Global Programmes team.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide effective administrative support to the Mary’s Meals Zambia (MMZ) team. This team consists of Senior Management, procurement, Transport, and Programmes. The role will also ensure the smooth running of the MMZ front office, coordinate and schedule meetings, visits and itineraries for all staff and support visitors to Mary’s Meals.
- Assist the Operations and Logistics Manager with the organisation’s administration tasks.
- Managing the MMZ front office by ensuring that visitors are coordinated and directed to the relevant offices.
- Brief MMZ visitors on the mandate of Mary’s Meals as the primary customer service person.
- Manage and maintain the MMZ inventory and all the orderliness in the storeroom.
- Assisting office-based staff with backups, maintaining files and databases.
- Serving as the “go-to” for general office enquiries, maintenance or problems for the MMZ team.
- Issuing memos as requested by members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Providing support in scheduling and organizing meetings with organizations and individuals.
- Support the procurement team in booking and arranging accommodation for travelling teams and meeting venues
- Supervising the Office Assistant or subcontracted cleaning service providers.
- Overseeing the proper care of all office decorations such as posters, plants, the gardens, ensuring they are perpetually kept in a good and clean state.
- Sign out equipment used by Mary’s Meals staff through the use of an equipment issue forms or asset receipt certificates.
- Support the Operations and Logistics Manager in property management that includes arranging for the maintenance of office premises and expat residences.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Business Administration, Management, or related field.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in office administration of a busy office.
- Previous Procurement and Stores experience.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with well-developed inter-personal skills
- Highly numerate, with experience in dealing with numbers.
- Able to organise own work and prioritise tasks
- Flexible and comfortable in multitasking
- Able to interact with senior managers and others comfortably and effectively
- A strong team player
- Ability to work in culturally diverse environment