Website Mary's Meals
The Communications Support Officer will play a role in support in key areas of the Mary’s Meals (MM) communications function within Mary’s Meals Zambia. The role includes support for developing dynamic content; support for special communications projects (such as Sponsor A School), Celtic Visits); support in engaging with different target audiences both in person (including beneficiaries, volunteers, in-house fellow staff, people new to Mary’s Meals and the local media) and online (internally via Yammer). You will also work closely with colleagues within MM Zambia to ensure a consistently integrated approach. This development role will also ensure broad exposure to different functions in direct delivery of the Mary’s Meals Zambia programme.
- Supporting the development of in-house content and direct creative execution to provide targeted and impactful message i.e. newsletter story content collection and video recording and editing.
- Support the planning and coordination of local and international media coverage of Mary’s Meals Zambia activities.
- Assist in generating ideas for the organization’s visibility internationally and locally.
- Contribute to short-term and long-term communications departmental goals and operational plans.
- Stays informed of developments in the field of communications within the program to foster ideas and innovation.
- Support the SAS component of fundraising i.e. collecting quality content and timely submission of reports to Line Manager.
- Support the creation of awareness among stakeholders about the MMZ programme.
- Support assigned Communications Projects: delivery of the MMZ Communications Operational Plan, Celtic Visits and any key other special projects.
- Facilitate timely and accurate signpost production and posting to schools.
- Supporting the training of staff on required communications aspects of the programme.
- Contribute to special tasks and projects as required by the Line Manager from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma Level Education in Communication Studies (Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing) or a closely related field or equivalent.
- Two Years’ Experience working in a similar role in the communications and information sector – Non-Governmental sector will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of all Adobe applications i.e. InDesign, Premier Pro, Photoshop and Lightroom
- Strong communication skills across all levels – in written and spoken forms.
- Strong photography, videography, and video editing skills.
- Good organisational, planning and coordinating skills
- Ability to think strategically and in a critical way.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks.
- Desire to take ownership of assigned projects (accountability)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain good communications channels at all levels within the organisation
- Pro-active in collecting and sharing new developments in relation to the program
- Possesses a sense of urgency and self-motivated
- Ability to work on own initiative, work according to deadlines and pay attention to detail.
- Good grasp of the main Zambian local languages.
- Understanding of the place of school feeding in relief and development is an added advantage.
- Experience of working in a charity or not for profit organisation will be an added advantage