Website Mary's Meals
Mary’s Meals is a fast-growing international charity, currently providing a daily meal to almost two million hungry and impoverished children across four continents in their place of education. Mary’s Meals Zambia delivers school feeding to children in the Eastern Province of Zambia. This role is based in Chipata, Eastern Province and is part of the Mary’s Meals International Global Programmes team. This position will support the Country Director but will collaborate with colleagues in other Mary’s Meals Programme countries.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who has significant management experience but who can operate at all levels to get the job done. The candidate will be a hands-on and participate leader, coach and mentor who will lead and develop an internal team to support the Zambia programme.
Working in close collaboration with the Country Director and Mary’s Meals International, the Head of Human Resources and People Development, will serve as an integral member of the Mary’s Meals Zambia Senior Leadership Team and lead the People function for Mary’s Meals Zambia. Responsible for leading on the implementation of the MMI’s Global People Strategy in Zambia, providing strategic HR leadership as well as leading and supporting organisational change and learning & development within Mary’s Meals Zambia and providing inspirational leadership of the HR team.
The role holder is accountable for ensuring that all People functions in Mary’s Meals Zambia operate to the highest standards of effectiveness. An emphasis of the role is to ensure robust People systems, processes and procedures are in place and adhered to diligently.
- Strategic planning and HR business partnering
- Staffing, workforce planning and diversity promotion.
- Staff wellbeing and engagement
- Leading on HR operations
- Organizational learning and development.
- Performance management and development
- Networking, coordinating external support and employee relation
- HR communication and reporting
- Management of the HR People team
- Contribute to the wider organisational projects and lead HR projects
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or first Degree in a relevant field such as Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Significant professional experience in the area of People management.
- Membership with the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management.
- Ability to communicate well across all levels.
- Experience of managing and leading people.
- Skill to inspire confidence in those with whom contact will be made.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, flexible, a team player and identifying with and have alignment with the mission, vision and core values of the Mary’s Meals global movement.
- Occasional travel within Zambia, and to the global headquarters in Scotland will be required.
If you would like to make a difference to the lives of thousands of children across the world, we’d love to hear from you. By contributing to the work of Mary’s Meals Zambia, you will become part of a worldwide movement of people who will not accept that any child in this world of plenty should endure a day without a meal.