Website Mary's Meals
Mary's Meals provides children with a daily meal in school
The purpose of this position is to facilitate field and schools-based school feeding programme activities and being the link between Mary’s Meals Zambia and the schools. The SFO also continuously supports capacity building for schools by providing direct training, coaching and mentoring for schools. The SFO collects, organizes and submits programme data from the schools.
- Being the key link between Mary’s Meals Zambia and Schools and their communities in the implementation of the School Feeding Programme.
- Mentoring and coaching School Health and Nutrition Coordinators (SHNC), school administrators and communities and then building their capacity, knowledge, skills and confidence in the day to day running of the school feeding programme.
- Monitoring the deliveries, daily usage and proper storage of food and other supplies/ equipment.
- Collects both quantitative and qualitative data to ensure effective monitoring against agreed performance indicators/ milestones.
- Participates in school and community meetings to build awareness of the Mary’s Meals school feeding model.
- Ensures that health, safety and child protection policies are effectively communicated and implemented at all schools.
- Undertakes community mobilization and ensures the active participation of community members in all school feeding activities, as well as promote key cross cutting issues including hygiene, environmental conservation, gender equity and inclusion.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and termly reports to the School Feeding Manager (SFM) including data on feeding and attendance, enrollment figures, pass/promotion rates as well as case studies.
- Identifies emerging issues at the school that affect the programme and reports to management for speedy resolution.
Qualifications, skills and Experience.
- At least a tertiary certificate in the social sciences. This should be accompanied by a good Grade 12 certificate.
- Experience in facilitating community or school-based development interventions.
- Ability to ride a motor bike and with a valid class A drivers’ licence.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Experience in the collection and compilation of data and information.
Applications should be addressed to:
The HR and Admin Manager,
P.O. Box 510302,
Plot Number 1461/60, Kombe Road, Moth,
or [email protected] (The subject of your email should be the job you are applying for).
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Closing date is 22nd June, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.