Requisition Number: 503640
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Engineering, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Play an integral role in attaining production and cost targets by conducting efficient mechanical repair and preventative maintenance of the entire workshop fleet.
- Ensure optimal availability of the equipment, including but not limited to heavy duty Trucks at all times.
- Provide feedback to supervisors on the functionality of the equipment and factors affecting it.
- Troubleshoot breakdowns effectively and efficiently.
- Perform diligent record keeping.
- Actively participate in training sessions to develop skills.
- Participate in regular safety meetings and keep the workplace in safe working condition.
Technician Skills and Specifications
- Must possess excellent coordination skills
- Must have good technical ability
- Must have sharp eyes for detailing
- Sometimes it may be necessary to have the ability to work with computers
- Needs to have good writing skills as they have to draft technical memos
- Should have the ability to identify problems and solve them
- Craft Certificate in HER
- Valid Driving license
- 3 years working experience on Heavy Equipment
- Experience on Drills will be an added advantage
- Must be a member of EIZ
Applications close: 22 Aug 2018 FLE Daylight Time