At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
Ensure coordination of all Projects Execution, and that those activities relating to Projects go on in a professional manner. This role is responsible for maintaining the operational integrity of all site based projects in order to achieve project targets.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Give clear direction, control and supervise the supervisors to ensure a safe and profitable work environment for all,
- Be a self-starter and able to work autonomously and as part of a team,
- Demonstrate a commitment to workplace safety and the safety of your subordinates,
- Be accurate, methodical, and practical when giving guidance to mechanical supervisors and artisans,
- Ensure subordinates follow laid down policies and procedures as outlined by management,
- Enforce Compliance to work order attachments and documents such as JSA’s, Work Procedure’s, SWI’s, etc,
- Co-ordinate and ensure compliance with Safety and Environmental Management systems, policies, and procedures along with ensuring that all risks have been identified, managed and a safe working environment is maintained,
- Enforce good housekeeping practices are maintained by enforcing cleaning up before, during, and after every task and not leaving any hazards within the workplace,
- Provide the superintendent with practical suggestions and improvements for the section,
- Coordinate with departmental team members, as well as process departmental members,
- Have the ability to plan for shutdowns, and arrange materials and manpower allocation in collaboration with the planning department,
- Assist in the proactive identification of repair and maintenance works required which includes spares sourcing abilities,
- Be active in continuous improvement of the assigned section,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Competencies
- High co-ordination, control, and direction skills including troubleshooting abilities on Compressors, Driers, Thickener, and Blowers.
- A construction and maintenance supervision background, with preference given to direct mining experience, will be an added advantage.
Key Job Attributes
- Detail Orientation and attention
- Good follow up skills to ensure jobs are done expediently
- Problem Solving
- Team player
- The ability to make informed decisions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, self-motivated and conscientious attitude
Experience and Qualifications
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Diploma in Projects Management or its equivalent.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in a Project Based industry or equivalent as a Supervisor or higher.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
- Valid Driving License
- Proven Knowledge and experience in heavy mining units of processing plants in Compressors, Blowers, and Thickeners.
- Construction and maintenance supervision background, with preference given to direct mining experience.